Sling Adapter not working with replacement 722k

jlamb30

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Had to have a 722k replaced, and now the sling adapter will not work. It seems like the receiver needs to be web activated, but going through the online Web Activation process leads to a SQL error on the website. Support replaced the adapter... same thing. Adapter has the latest firmware, the light is on, and is Status: Ready. Broadband is fine... I can see the receiver on DishAnywhere, but cannot play recorded or live TV. Other than replacing the adapter, phone support has said they don't know what's going on... more than once.

HELP, please! :)

I'm trying to remember if the ViP722 series had more than one USB port you could try.

In any event, it sounds more like a ViP722 problem than the adapter, which I presume worked previously. Does an EHD work?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When I had a 722, the adapter light would sometimes come on, other times not. Usually it would after the over night reboot. For Dish Anywhere, I highly recommend upgrading to the HWS. It's much more reliable. I never have a problem with DA now.

USB can be a little wonky on the 722. I never could get my powered hub to work. Wanted to run a USB fan, SA and EHD all from the back port. Would refuse to recognize anything if the hub was plugged in. So I'm stuck using the front port for the EHD, and a cell phone plug-in block for the fan. Even then, my EHD isn't recognized half the time when plugged in.

I had already tried the front USB port, as well.

I really believe it's a receiver web activation issue. When I first got the adapter, I had to go through a 'web activation' process at dish.sling.com/activate. You enter a 7-digit code from the receiver to allow the adapter, and the receiver's S/N to 'web enable' the receiver. After entering the receiver S/N, clicking "Next" generates a SQL query error. Everything worked without a hitch with the original receiver, now the website is not playing nice.

I had already tried the front USB port, as well.

I really believe it's a receiver web activation issue. When I first got the adapter, I had to go through a 'web activation' process at dish.sling.com/activate. You enter a 7-digit code from the receiver to allow the adapter, and the receiver's S/N to 'web enable' the receiver. After entering the receiver S/N, clicking "Next" generates a SQL query error. Everything worked without a hitch with the original receiver, now the website is not playing nice.

Are you sure the 722 receiver has a proper IP address from your router, and it's not in conflict with another device you are using? Could be two devices have the same IP, and they are fighting each other. That can happen from time to time in certain situations.

When I had a 722, sometimes the Sling would work and sometimes not. Usually, the red light would come back on after the over night reboot. So glad I have an HWS. Never had a problem with the built in Sling.

Are you sure the 722 receiver has a proper IP address from your router, and it's not in conflict with another device you are using? Could be two devices have the same IP, and they are fighting each other. That can happen from time to time in certain situations.

The only device on my network with a static IP is a desktop Mac; everything else is DHCP, so there is no IP address conflict.

DishAnywhere sees the receiver and adapter, I just can't watch anything... and the browser doesn't matter; I've tried them all.

The only device on my network with a static IP is a desktop Mac; everything else is DHCP, so there is no IP address conflict.

DishAnywhere sees the receiver and adapter, I just can't watch anything... and the browser doesn't matter; I've tried them all.

It is possible for DHCP to hand out the same IP address to two devices, so do not assume it can't happen. It depends on how long the lease is, and if you have portable devices that may be off-line at a time the lease expires. The IP address may then be handed out to another device. Then, the previous device with that address gets turned back on, and there you go, conflict!

Anyway, it's just a thought during brainstorming as to what could be going on. Gotta explore all possibilities.

My 722k w/Sling adapter is just as reliable as my Hopper 2000s w/Sling adapters as well as my Hoppers w/Sling. As previously stated, Web Activation is a thing of the past. What do you see when you try to view Live TV via dishanywhere.com?

How is your 722 connected to IP?

Via ethernet cable.

My 722k w/Sling adapter is just as reliable as my Hopper 2000s w/Sling adapters as well as my Hoppers w/Sling. As previously stated, Web Activation is a thing of the past. What do you see when you try to view Live TV via dishanywhere.com?

This is what I see after it tries to connect.

That says "Slingbox." Slingbox actually is not compatible with Dish Anywhere. "Sling Adapter" or "Hopper with Sling" is compatible. Are you using an Adapter or a Slingbox?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts