Sling Adapter problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I have the sling adapter for the Hopper. I have never really been able to use it in the time I have had it, 6 weeks. I recently added the app to my android and I can connect with no problem. It always has a DVR error and can't connect using my laptop. I tried turning off my firewall just to see if it would connect but no success. They keep saying they think it is my router/modem but if I can connect with my phone is this an option? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I do understand how frustrating sling issues can be and I would be happy to assist you. Can you please check the receiver on the top right side of the DISH Anywhere page on your computer and is there a green dot in from of it? What browser are you using? Did you download the Sling Plug in? Please let me know and I will see what we need to do next. Thank you!

Green Dot, Firefox or IE Plug-in yes Just got the Sling so not sure what generation. Ethernet cable. Thanks

Can you please PM me your account or phone number? What type of internet do you have? (Cable, DSL, Sat) Do you have a seperate router and modem? Please PM me the information and I will help you trouble shoot further. Thank you!

Sometimes I have to re-boot my Hopper to get the app to work correctly, to will show the DVR and it's shows will not sling until the reboot.