Sling adapter went out

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Well my sling adapter that I bought for Dish seems to have gone out. I'm just wondering if Dish will send me another?

Thanks
David.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Are you on the warc and were you watching live something on 129? If so, see the thread about 129. It went out for awhile due to a storm in Cheyenne.

That could be the case. I have had a sling adapter die on me before though. It stopped showing as online on my PCs and other devices and the red light stopped lighting up. Thankfully, DIRT took care of me and sent me out a replacement sling adapter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I had my original Hoppers, on 1 of them the Sling Adapter would sometime be on and other times, not. Usually the overnight reboot fixed everything
The HWS has had no problems. Much improved

My sling adapter tells me something is not connected half the time. I just stopped using it as much. I should probably fix it...

My sling adapter went out as well. Sent a message to the DIRT Rep on this thread and awaiting response. How prompt are the DIRT members in responding?

My sling adapter went out as well. Sent a message to the DIRT Rep on this thread and awaiting response. How prompt are the DIRT members in responding?

VERY.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
When they are on duty, that is. It would be better for you to go to the bottom of the main forum page and find a DIRT member who is online now.

Is it possible transfer recordings directly from the existing hopper to the new hopper without the external hard drive?

I have noticed that when I go to DishAnywhere on a pc to watch my shows away from home with the sling adapter that the recordings will have the program flash in and out changing colors with a screen of static to the clear picture back and forth. It does not do it all the time but part of the time. Is this a bad sling adapter? Also, when I try to use any DVR functionality like skip back/forward while this is going on it tells me that I have lost connetion to the DVR to give it five minutes. After a few minutes it allows me to connect and watch the show again. It usually works fine at first then it progressively gets worse. DVR recordings at the home work fine. Internet upload is almost 2 MB at my home.

Sling adapter has gone out for the second time. Both times the red light would not illuminate and PC/iPad reported unable to connect. Dish readily replaced my first one. This time Dish Chat support said call <phone#> and ask for Advanced Broadband Support Team. Phone rep says I can't put you through to them until we do some diagnostics. Unfortunately the first thing she wanted me to do was to check software version using Diagnostics->System Status, which can't be done while PTAT is active. Frustrating...

Give it an over night reboot. With the original Hopper I sometimes had that problem. Usually the next day it worked fine. After upgrading to the HWS, I've never had a problem.

Give it an over night reboot. With the original Hopper I sometimes had that problem. Usually the next day it worked fine. After upgrading to the HWS, I've never had a problem.

HWS has built in sling. Maybe this will work. Maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My Sling Adapter hasn't worked in months. I get no red light on the box itself and i've plugged it into the front and back of my hopper as well as my own PC. How do I contact the DIRT team? Thanks, Kory
Go to the main "Forums" page and at the bottom will be members listed in red. You can send them a private message(PM) and they will get back to you ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts