Sling Adapter

lilexecutioner

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
Chicago, IL
So my sling adapter stopped working and they sent me a new sling adapter and its not working either, so i called in and was told that this is a known problem and that an engineer ticket needs to be filed. So the ticket was filed but has anyone had this problem where the box shows the sling adapter as invalid and shows the sling software as 0.0.0 and had this problem fixed?

Just for the heck of it... Tried a different USB port?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Sounds like it's time to replace the Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I don't like the missing red light. Perhaps they replaced one dead Sling Adapter with another.

lilexecutioner said:
So my sling adapter stopped working and they sent me a new sling adapter and its not working either, so i called in and was told that this is a known problem and that an engineer ticket needs to be filed. So the ticket was filed but has anyone had this problem where the box shows the sling adapter as invalid and shows the sling software as 0.0.0 and had this problem fixed?

I had the same invalid/0.0.0 and had no red light. Got a replacement and sent mine back. Now it works just fine with my hopper. Maybe they gave you my old one. On a side note, before i sent my old one back, i plugged it into the usb port on my computer to see if anything would be recongized and it started smelling like smoke. Thought my house was catching on fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts