sling adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
I have hooked up a sling adapter to my DVR 720, ut works well sometimes and other time it pixates and or completly breaks up. This happens on my Tablet and my PC. I have Net flex on both and neither of them breaks up, could there be something wrong with the sling?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide me.

How fast is your download speed on your PC/device? I would go to speedtest.net on your PC or download the speedtest.net app on your device and test the speed. That sounds like a speed issue, either at home or wherever you are slinging from.

I was having similar problems with the router that twc supplied and I went and bought the Motorola sbg6580 and that seemed to clear up my problem. When I was at work the app worked fine with the company wifi and my galaxy nexus but I was having issues with the router dropping signal.

Thanks all for the advice, but it seems strange that when I use Netflex and HBO go , it does not break up, You would think that if it was the Modem it would also break uo for these.

Because Netflix and HBO only need download bandwidth. The Sling needs upload bandwidth to send the signal out of your 720. I think that the problem I was having had to do with my Ubee router that I got from TWC becasue the dish app workied fine on my phone when I was at work and running WiFI or 4G. Eats the battery on the phone pretty fast but the app works fine. What is your internet provider saying that your download and upload speeds are?

The UBEE modems SUCK. I went from one of those to a SBG6580, with TWC's Ultimate Internet, and it's GREAT. (50m/5m).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)