Sling Adaptor Problem

philiphotog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
I installed my Dish Sling Adaptor for my 722 today and encountered a couple of problems.

I can watch pre-recorded shows and 'live' TV fine on my iPhone but can only watch 'live' programming on my lap top and computer.

Whenever I login to Dishonline and click a program from my DVR, all I'm showing is 'live' TV, not the pre-recorded show. Seems like a bug.

Also, any program I watch on my computer immediately changes TV1 to that show. I thought that it was supposed to only change TV2 according to the reviews I've been reading.

Anyone else having these issue and how do I resole them?

That worked for my i-Pad. Someone else said to re-boot 722, then put it in dual mode. My probs. ended when I installed the new Dish app. for Sling Adapter.

The problem is not for my iPad or iPhone. I just cannot get my computer to show pre-recorded TV. It only shows 'live' TV no matter if I click a pre-recorded show or not. Can anyone help?

I just thought it was worth a try. I think your the first one to have this prob., usually it is the other way around.

Whenever I login to Dishonline and click a program from my DVR, all I'm showing is 'live' TV, not the pre-recorded show. Seems like a bug. Also, any program I watch on my computer immediately changes TV1 to that show.
I noticed almost exactly this bizarre behavior using my Android client. For the Android client, I could watch satellite recordings, but not OTA mpeg-2 recordings which started playing on TV1 instead. At that time, my PC client was working as advertised (other than some audio sync issues).

About 4 or 5 days ago, the Android client suddenly started playing even OTA mpeg-2 recordings, so I think something got fixed. Neither my 722 firmware nor my Android DRA client was updated, so I claim engineers did something on the Sling servers. But now you've got me worried. Maybe they fixed it for the mobile clients but broke it for the PC clients. :(

Let's hope they get this ironed out soon. Right now my Sling Adapter is a $99 toy for adults.

OK, Solved. My error. I was logged in under DishOnline.com ( a beta site) rather than logging in the dish account directly and then the dish remote access log in. Everything works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts