Sling App

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Skee7ix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
I saw a Sling app for android... But I need to pay for it.
I still need the sling adapter on the receiver?

Because you pay for the app, and it says that it is not working with 922 and the Hoppers.

But I have a 722 without sling adapter.

:confused:

But I don't have Sling adapter on my receiver :p
If you don't have some manner of Sling device connected to your ViP722, you don't need to concern yourself with anything Sling. Getting a Slingplayer app for your phone will not magically transform your DVR.

Because you pay for the app, and it says that it is not working with 922 and the Hoppers.

If you have a sling box, you need the sling app and you have to pay the fee for it. With a Sling adaptor, the Dish Anywhere app is all you need plus there is no additional fee for the app. If you do not have either sling device, the sling app will do nothing for you but the Dish Anywhere app will let you set timers and view lists of recordings and timers as well as view your guide.

Last edited:

If you are trying to watch your content from.your reciever you need 3 things:

1. Sling device (either a sling adapter, or stand alone sling box)

2. The proper application for your mobile device, either dish anywhere for the sling adapter, or the sling application for your stand alone box.

3. An broad band internet connection connected to your reciever or stand alone sling device.

I have a 622 with Slingbox Pro HD and it used to work with Dish Anywhere, but it stopped working when the Hopper came along, it works fine with the Slingplayer app.

That app is specifically for the Slingbox. You need free the Dish app for the Sling adaptor. The Slingbox and app is far more versatile, thus the cost.
If you don't have a sling device, how any sling app would work is beyond something I can figure out!!

That app is specifically for the Slingbox. You need free the Dish app for the Sling adaptor. The Slingbox and app is far more versatile, thus the cost.
If you don't have a sling device, how any sling app would work is beyond something I can figure out!!

The dish anywhere apparently will allow you to change channels on your reciever and set up recordings with.out the sling adapter. But not what live programming.

The dish anywhere apparently will allow you to change channels on your reciever and set up recordings with.out the sling adapter. But not what live programming.
While the browser version of DISH Anywhere has always allowed you to set up and delete recordings (with or without a Sling device), it does NOT allow you live control over the DVR for changing channels. While the phone app may, I'm not sure I see a significant advantage over a conventional remote.

While the browser version of DISH Anywhere has always allowed you to set up and delete recordings (with or without a Sling device), it does NOT allow you live control over the DVR for changing channels. While the phone app may, I'm not sure I see a significant advantage over a conventional remote.

There is no advantage unless your spouse has the remote in their hand and you change the channel with your phone then blame them for changing the channel. Oh 722 how I miss you just for that prank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)