Sling Guide Beta-Current box is not initialised

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kevindj71

Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Missouri
I received my Beta invitation last night and everything works except watching from the web.

When using IE6/7, I am picking either a DVR program or from the guide and choose to "Watch from web". I get a box that pops up and it reads "Current box is not initialised". I can select the other option, "Watch on TV" and it works fine. So, I'm guessing it's related to the Slingbox HD Pro that is installed separate from the DVR/Receiver.

When using Firefox 3, same as above, it calls for 4 plugins that fail due to invalid package contents and download issues. No error, yet, about "Current box is not initialised."

Other than these issues, it's very nice. However, viewing from the web is the whole reason I'd like to use it other than if I forget to record something.

I think that you can only do that from recievers that are Sling Enabled (ie ViP922). The other recievers are just to remote schedule the recordings.

I am not 100% sure of this cause I only got my invite a few minutes ago and have not been able to try it yet.

SOLUTION!!!

My fix was to double check where I added the Sling Box to the DVR; I didn't properly save the password field somehow. I applied the Admin password and all was well. Hope this helps.

SOLUTION!!! btw

BTW, I'm using a Dish VIP722 and a SlingBox Pro HD with the infrared remote cables. I'd love to not rely on the infrareds, but not sure how the controlling would be done through ethernet. Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts