Sling & Homeplug

ccash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2006
Long Island
I currently have a Homeplug adapter connected to my SMC router via Cat 5

My 622 & 722 are connected to the internet via their AC cables.

What are the options to connect a Slingbox Pro HD to the 622? It is virtually impossible to get a cat5 cable from the router to the 622.

Thanks

Well some how you have to get a cat5 to teh Sling Box and you have to get Audio/Video from teh 622 to the Sling box and the IR control.

I have a Hava (much better then sling box) they work great but you still have to get cables back and forth. Hava does have a wireless nit sure about Sling box that is the only way I know to do it with out teh cat5.

You can always use another HomePlug adapater to connect the SlingBox to you home network. That way the 722, the 622, and the Slingbox will all use HomePlug to connect to the router.

The only difference will be that your 722/622 use their internal HomePlug adapters compared to the router and the slingbox which will use their ethernet ports to connect to the homeplug adapters.

You can always use another HomePlug adapater to connect the SlingBox to you home network. That way the 722, the 622, and the Slingbox will all use HomePlug to connect to the router.

The only difference will be that your 722/622 use their internal HomePlug adapters compared to the router and the slingbox which will use their ethernet ports to connect to the homeplug adapters.

Thanks Cyclone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)