Sling Hopper Self-Install (Happy Ending)

TechWriter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
When I wanted to upgrade my original Hopper to the Sling version, I had no idea that DISH was just going to box a Sling Hopper and mail it to me with a page or two of instructions. I remembered that first Hopper install with a technician that seemed to last forever.

However, let me report that I did the swap out and my new Sling Hopper appears to be working just fine. Whoever wrote the self-install software deserves a medal. Worked like a charm.

There were a few minor gotchas -- Sling Hopper's tuner at first did not acquire any sats until I did a reset. My two Joeys had to be "unlinked" from my first Hopper and then "linked" to the Sling Hopper, but phone support walked me through it. However, my USB hard drive is still not recognized by the Hopper. It wasn't for my 1st Hopper either.

All in all an unexpected painless install.

Ironically Dish insisted that I get my leased HwS swapped "professionally" but the other one I purchased and swapped myself. The one I swapped my myself couldn't have been any easier. I didn't even turn on the TV. Next time I turned on the TV it had live TV and I set the resolution and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts