Sling-loaded Hopper upgrade weirdness

emathis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
I upgraded my 922 and 722 to a Hopper/Joey last week. When I called to see if I could get upgraded to th Sling-loaded Hopper, they said my receiver ID showed that it was a Sling-loaded Hopper. I told them that I didn't think it was, as there is nothing in the setup menus or system info to indicate that it was (also when I use the Dish Anywhere app on my iPad and try anything sling related such as live tv, it says I could be watching live tv on my iPad if I had a Sling adapter and would I like more info. My first question is, were they installing Sling-loaded Hoppers 10 days ago? Could I have one and not know (maybe I haven't adjusted something in the settings).
Maybe just to get rid of me and because it was less than 15 days since the installation, they are sending me a Sling-loaded Hopper. Will I notice anything saying that it is the latest hopper in the paperwork or when it boots up or on the menus?

I upgraded my 922 and 722 to a Hopper/Joey last week. When I called to see if I could get upgraded to th Sling-loaded Hopper, they said my receiver ID showed that it was a Sling-loaded Hopper. I told them that I didn't think it was, as there is nothing in the setup menus or system info to indicate that it was (also when I use the Dish Anywhere app on my iPad and try anything sling related such as live tv, it says I could be watching live tv on my iPad if I had a Sling adapter and would I like more info. My first question is, were they installing Sling-loaded Hoppers 10 days ago? Could I have one and not know (maybe I haven't adjusted something in the settings).
Maybe just to get rid of me and because it was less than 15 days since the installation, they are sending me a Sling-loaded Hopper. Will I notice anything saying that it is the latest hopper in the paperwork or when it boots up or on the menus?
Sling Hoppers were not released until today...so you do NOT have one. BS from the CSR.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but 3 different CSR's and supervisor had me wondering?

It is amazing how often they are wrong about even the most basic things. The VP/Director of Customer Service at Dish must be Charlie's brother-in-law or poker buddy or something. No way could they could get away with such mismanagement for so long without some sort of personal connection.

Press menu 2x. Does it say Hopper or Hopper With Sling? Look at the front bezzle. Does it have a Hopper with Sling sticker? Select a DVR event then choose More Info, is there a Prepare for Mobile button?

Yeah it just says Hopper, the new one better say Hopper with sling. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)