Sling Monitor 150 WiFi HDTV

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
Now that the Sling Adapter has been announced for release soon, are there any rumors or cold hard facts about the Sling Monitor 150 WiFi HDTV being released soon? This would be perfect for a new office I just set up in my house and I'd hate to pull the plug on a small LCD TV now, if the Sling Monitor 150 will be releasing anytime soon. Does anyone have any more recent info on this. The last post I found was May and that was just someone asking about a release date. Scott? Anybody?

I dont think it will be released. Or it will not be released until we see the next generation of the 922 released.

I know you probably mentioned it with a bit of humor, but do you have any idea when the next gen 922 is coming. That is what I am waiting for. Thanks.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I dont think it will be released. Or it will not be released until we see the next generation of the 922 released.

Would you say that those of us who fell for all the promises of the 922 got duped? And that for all practical purposes this is a dead end orphan box? I mean it does not even seem like GoogleTV support is pending.

The only way I can see that would make the 922 worth upgrading to, is if they downloaded google tv to the damn receiver. This receiver should be able to do google . Scott said it had a web browser in it before in beta. Otherwise this receiver is a DEAD end product. How many people really use it for sling ? I don't even see much traffic anymore about this receiver ,except for disgruntled message threads. If DISH wants to make this their flagship receiver, then they need to download the google software so we don't need another box. But I am sure they won't do that. Too much like Right. So the key is to never buy or lease a receiver that starts with a 9; 921=$1000.00 lost dollars/ The 922 = $500.00 lost dollars.

MikeD-C05 said:
The only way I can see that would make the 922 worth upgrading to, is if they downloaded google tv to the damn receiver. This receiver should be able to do google . Scott said it had a web browser in it before in beta. Otherwise this receiver is a DEAD end product. How many people really use it for sling ? I don't even see much traffic anymore about this receiver ,except for disgruntled message threads. If DISH wants to make this their flagship receiver, then they need to download the google software so we don't need another box. But I am sure they won't do that. Too much like Right. So the key is to never buy or lease a receiver that starts with a 9; 921=$1000.00 lost dollars/ The 922 = $500.00 lost dollars.

You paid $500 for your 922?

IMHO the 922 will not become a brick in the forseeable future. It already handles turbo-8PSK and mpeg-4 and the Internet, none of which are going away any time soon (unlike mpeg-2 HD).

Last edited:
There is a future for the 922. Its not a dead product.

Mine has been FLAWLESS since the last update as it has been for many people. Before the last update it did have a number of annoying bugs.

I am a happy 922 owner. :)

Same here. I mean, I'm disappointed that it doesn't have the GoogleTV support right away like the rest of the other receivers, but other then that and the Sling Extender being MIA. I've been more than happy with my box since day one - software version S101. I'm not loosing sleep over an extra $4. I don't care about the Internet because I have a laptop on my coffee table that does that 1000x better. My wife can watch her shows and I can Sling to my iPod Touch and soon my iPad and Android Phone.

Well my 922 has worked better than before the last update, it is still having glitches at times . I had one last night. NONE of my DISH receivers have ever worked FLAWLESSLY . NONE of them. They all bug out at times and need a reboot. My main problem is that this receiver was advertised to have a web browser and the sling extender for tv 2 in hd in another room. NEITHER have seen the light of day and now you have to buy a second google box to get the type of web features that the 922 was shown to have at the Ces. But the google intergration feature won't work with the 922 .This entire 922 experience has been one BIG Bait and switch as far as I am concerned.

to Me the 922 in some ways is half-baked by works great to me. I was PO about googletv but maybe the delay is good because googletv is really kind beta like know.

Last night I had another deleted by tv2 user issue and got NO recordings on OTA CBS station. So no Big Bang Theory or Sh*t my dad says last night. Yes the 922 is still FLAWLESSLY missing recordings if I try to record 4 shows at a time. GOD I really need to trade this in for a 722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts