Nhl center ice -fox dispute?

GoalieEd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Will the upcoming fox sports October 1st cutoff affect which out of market games i'll be able to see with the NHL center ice package?

Thanks

i was wondering the same thing!!

but if it does WoW the Costumers they will loses from NHL and NBA league pass plus the other Channels that they will be drop and that ones that were Dropped:mad:

i was wondering the same thing!!

but if it does WoW the Costumers they will loses from NHL and NBA league pass plus the other Channels that they will be drop and that ones that were Dropped:mad:

Dish will never not come to an agreement with Fox Networks. Dish has too much to lose. Remember as well that Dish has millions of customers, so FOX has an incentive to sign an agreement as well.

This is simple posturing, and marketing nonsense.

John

Dish will never not come to an agreement with Fox Networks. Dish has too much to lose. Remember as well that Dish has millions of customers, so FOX has an incentive to sign an agreement as well.

John

but this just Sad that paying subs got to go thru this !!!

John

Dish will come to an agreement. They can't afford to lose the NFL, NHL, NBA and College Games on the various fox networks and affiliates.

They would still be able to put the FSN feeds in the package if Dish actually did lose the FSNs, but it would have to be blacked out in market.

Dish will come to an agreement. They can't afford to lose the NFL, NHL, NBA and College Games on the various fox networks and affiliates.

Watching the Twins game tonight and saw a scroll that said I could lose the Twins, Wild and TWolves starting October 1st. I hope this is just a marketing issue for now or there will be a mass exodus to Direct TV

Will the upcoming fox sports October 1st cutoff affect which out of market games i'll be able to see with the NHL center ice package?

Thanks

The season starts in two weeks and I have not been billed yet for my renewal. That tells me there isn't a deal between the NHL and Dish. Went through this crap last year as well.
I won't bother calling Dish because the CSR's don't know or they will give several different answers. It's hurry up and wait.

dishcomm said:
The season starts in two weeks and I have not been billed yet for my renewal. That tells me there isn't a deal between the NHL and Dish. Went through this crap last year as well.
I won't bother calling Dish because the CSR's don't know or they will give several different answers. It's hurry up and wait.

I received my latest bill in the mail this afternoon and was billed for the renewal of Center Ice. If DISH lost the FSN networks, the games would still be shown with Center Ice. DISH doesn't carry YES regularly but Nets games on YES are shown with League Pass (at least they were during the free preview last season).

I got my renewal letter last month and the first charge is on this month's bill.

I received my latest bill in the mail this afternoon and was billed for the renewal of Center Ice. If DISH lost the FSN networks, the games would still be shown with Center Ice. DISH doesn't carry YES regularly but Nets games on YES are shown with League Pass (at least they were during the free preview last season).

ok...my billing cycle begins at the end of the month. so we'll see.

I have not received anything regarding renewal yet. I don't plan on giving them a dime for CI until I know for sure if I'll still get the Fox Sports Detroit feed of the Red Wing's games.

You may still be able to get the FSN feeds on CI even if Dish no longer carries those channels. On DirecTV, for example, we get Cox4 for the Padres on Extra Innings, but DirecTV does not carry Cox4 at all

If anyone happens to talk to Dish about this, please post what they say. I won't be able to call tonight as I have a concert after work. But I will probably call this weekend.

You may still be able to get the FSN feeds on CI even if Dish no longer carries those channels. On DirecTV, for example, we get Cox4 for the Padres on Extra Innings, but DirecTV does not carry Cox4 at all

Come to think of it we also see some games on CI from CBC and TSN...both Canadian stations that dish doesn't carry in their regular lineup.

CI will pick up the feeds from both cities without regard to the channel or service on which the game appears.
For example. The Blues show up on a St.Louis OTA station and CI shows that feed.
Commercials are blacked out though.

CI will pick up the feeds from both cities without regard to the channel or service on which the game appears. For example. The Blues show up on a St.Louis OTA station and CI shows that feed. Commercials are blacked out though.

Many NHL teams are FSN exclusive. The Blues no longer have OTA games. Also, Fox/FSN is the one who "pulled" the feeds, not Dish. Dish is substituting 20+ non-FSN-owned channels in areas that have been affected (check channels 9660-9682). I would guess that CI games that are only broadcast of Fox-FSN-owned channels would also have the feeds yanked by Fox. CI games on non-Fox-owned channels would air.

There is a mega-thread on the whole matter.

Many NHL teams are FSN exclusive. The Blues no longer have OTA games. Also, Fox/FSN is the one who "pulled" the feeds, not Dish. Dish is substituting 20+ non-FSN-owned channels in areas that have been affected (check channels 9660-9682). I would guess that CI games that are only broadcast of Fox-FSN-owned channels would also have the feeds yanked by Fox. CI games on non-Fox-owned channels would air.

There is a mega-thread on the whole matter.

After reading different forums all day I believe that dish has a contract with the NHL for.the center ice package and not fox. This will probably mean dish will still have the fox games on the center ice package. In past years dish has come to the wire with the NHL to provide the CI package.

Thanks
No..Spoke to a Dish CSR earlier. I asked specific questions about NHL CI...
He did not know off the bat.
SO I made some suggestions to point him in the right direction.
I left with the impression that NHL CI will indeed be available.
Also, if one open the guide and selects one of the NHL CI channels, they will note the following....
"NHL Center Ice gives you up to 40 games per week that aren't otherwise available in your local area. To order call 800-333-DISH today!"

After I read that to the CSR he said, "NHL Center Ice is a go then"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts