Nhl center ice -fox dispute?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey everyone

I just thought I would mention that I'm a dish network customer and a center Ice subscriber. (I paid the 171 in full before the start of the season)

After complaining about 5 different times to Dish about the lack of HD and lack of feeds/quality in general, I was finally offered a 171.00 credit to my account.

Interestingly most of reps I kept talking to or chatting with online kept telling me that Center Ice is not effected by the dispute which is obviously crap.

Some however did agree with me, so I'm not really sure whats going on on their end but some of their employees are probably misinformed.

In any case, after I got the final dish rep to agree it was due to the dispute, I claimed I was on the brink of just eating my ETF and switching to DirecTV so I could get all this HD (This was actually a complete bluff :p) And she said, blah blah blah I'm sorry you feel that way I can give you a 171.00 credit to your acct. :D

Which for me I think is fair.. They shouldn't charge people for an extremely watered down package. For those of you out there who paid up front like me I highly suggest keeping on their case. Both because you might get the credit, and because it puts pressure on them to come to an agreement.

On a funny side note, last year I was living at an apartment which provided DirecTV and I was able to get the center ice package free then too because of the Versus dispute. Oh carriage disputes....:)

I cancelled the first quarterly billing because I wanted to see what was going to happen with the RSN's before I made a decision for this season. I have 80% decided to switch to D*.

What do you think my chances are of getting Dish to offer me CI free since I haven't paid for it yet? That's about the only way I will stay with E* the way things are...

I know this thread has been in a coma for a while but Sony just released the gamecenter live app for the ps3 for those that bought into gamecenter during the dispute.

NHL GameCenter Live brings streaming hockey games to PS3 starting today | Joystiq

This looked excellent but upon seeing their rules for game replays, not a buy in my book.
Can a subscriber say if you have out-of-market replays of games 'the evening of' or if you have to wait till the next day. In-market games have a 48-hour delay...
""Like last season, you can also access full-length and condensed game replays through the NHL Vault™ archive. While most games are available to watch next day, blackouts remain in effect for 48-hours on all games for teams in your local market and those games that were nationally televised. "
https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/help.htm
I'd rather watch in SD the same night on DISH [well maybe 3 games of 4].

Not a happy camper here as DISH does not have tonight's Chicago game in HD (on CI), just 2 SD feeds. D* has both. To make matters worse, el cheapo DISH has the HD game scheduled locally on FOX-AZ and one-hour delayed on CSN-CHI. They have the bandwidth, televising the game in-market, but buy the rights nationally to carry only so many HD games/SD games. I believe we pay the same price as others... Buy more HD games Charlie! One word, CHEAP!

Yeah the service isn't for everyone but my team is not in my market so I can see all of their games. I do some traveling so it is nice to be able to access games while out of town.

Last edited:
Not a happy camper here as DISH does not have tonight's Chicago game in HD (on CI), just 2 SD feeds. D* has both. To make matters worse, el cheapo DISH has the HD game scheduled locally on FOX-AZ and one-hour delayed on CSN-CHI. They have the bandwidth, televising the game in-market, but buy the rights nationally to carry only so many HD games/SD games. I believe we pay the same price as others... Buy more HD games Charlie! One word, CHEAP!

+1!

There are 4 games on CI tonight and only one in HD. The other 3 games are broadcast in HD by at least one of the teams broadcasts, but not on Dish. Charle needs to cut rates on his cut-rate service. He's always harping about how he is saving money for his subscribers but he is charging the same rate ($171) as D* and providing much less.

Charlie, how about opening up the purse strings and giving us back the money you said you were saving us...or, alternatively, puting forth an honest effort to provide us with the full value of the service we are paying for?

As the Dish commercial goes "Why would anyone pay more for TV?" Maybe because we would get more for our money elsewhere...

+1!

There are 4 games on CI tonight and only one in HD. The other 3 games are broadcast in HD by at least one of the teams broadcasts, but not on Dish. Charle needs to cut rates on his cut-rate service. He's always harping about how he is saving money for his subscribers but he is charging the same rate ($171) as D* and providing much less.

Charlie, how about opening up the purse strings and giving us back the money you said you were saving us...or, alternatively, puting forth an honest effort to provide us with the full value of the service we are paying for?

As the Dish commercial goes "Why would anyone pay more for TV?" Maybe because we would get more for our money elsewhere...

Not to defend Charlie, but I believe the NHL sets the pricing on NHLCI in the U.S. anyways, because the $171 is the price Dish, Directv and Time Warner all charge. (I know canadian cable and dbs can get a sweet deal of $30 a month and get both the NFL Season Ticket and NHL Center Ice). However I can say this much, as I have had NHLCI on Dishnetwork in the past and now have it with TWC, and actually I think the TWC version is better, whereas you get rebroadcast of the games on the Center Ice channels throughout the night, and don't recall that ever being offered to me on Dish.

Not to defend Charlie, but I believe the NHL sets the pricing on NHLCI in the U.S. anyways, because the $171 is the price Dish, Directv and Time Warner all charge. (I know canadian cable and dbs can get a sweet deal of $30 a month and get both the NFL Season Ticket and NHL Center Ice). However I can say this much, as I have had NHLCI on Dishnetwork in the past and now have it with TWC, and actually I think the TWC version is better, whereas you get rebroadcast of the games on the Center Ice channels throughout the night, and don't recall that ever being offered to me on Dish.

Yeah, I know the price is set at $171 for this season. I just thought Dish could offer a better package of HD. Tonight, for example, Montreal at Boston is not in HD, even though Boston carries their games in HD and Dish usually has them in HD. There are 2 or 3 games tonight that have 2 HD versions each. I understand Dish's broadband problem, but I can't understand why they don't try to use some intelligence in working around this problem. Why can't they simply cut one of the 2 HD versions of one of these games and allocate the broadband to the Boston game? If you look at the program schedule for tonight, it just doesn't make any sense.

The HD availability has been much better since the dispute ended but there are still some nights that are shamefully bad. NHL Center Ice - Watch NHL Center Ice on Satellite TV - DISH Network

Looking ahead at the schedule for instance, on 11/17 there are 14 games scheduled and only 3 games are in HD with the Detroit/St Louis game getting two HD feeds.

I would like to think that the NHL plays some part in the availability of the feeds, but I'm pretty sure that it is up to the cable/sat provider to choose the feeds.

The HD availability has been much better since the dispute ended but there are still some nights that are shamefully bad. NHL Center Ice - Watch NHL Center Ice on Satellite TV - DISH Network

Looking ahead at the schedule for instance, on 11/17 there are 14 games scheduled and only 3 games are in HD with the Detroit/St Louis game getting two HD feeds.

I would like to think that the NHL plays some part in the availability of the feeds, but I'm pretty sure that it is up to the cable/sat provider to choose the feeds.

Looking that far ahead (to 11/17) you may get only partial information (or so I am told). They may add some HD games between 11/12 and 11/17, but I doubt it.

I knew going in that Dish didn't have the broadband to carry as many HD games as D* and that they have had a multi-year dispute with MSG so they cannot carry MSG HD (look at all the money Charlie is saving us -- when will we see any of it?). Anyway, I was willing to live with this but I did not expect the sheer stupidity of having 3 games with 2 HD feeds each and several others with no HD feed, when broadband availability is at a premium.

What make's it even more frustrating is that CSR's have no idea what you are talking about and tech support pleads innocence, so you don't get any answers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)