Sling on 922 stinks!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbeckley

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
I gave up TV2 out from my 622 to go with the sling player on the 922. I find out today that I have to give my kids my user password and account info to allow them to view programing. My old sling player was a direct connection. Now I have to go through dishes web site to view sling. And Give Out All My Info To Do That!
This is just not going to work!!!!!!

I agree 100% and wish more people would complain about it!

Let us watch on the stand alone Slingplayer Applications!

Count me in. It's ridiculous. Dish owns Sling but you can't go to a Sling website to watch???

Scott, quick off-topic question: Have you heard anything about Dish adding more quality free programming on DishOnline and also any mention of upgrading the mess that is the online UI on the 922? I get a headache just thinking about going there on the 922.

I use the stand alone slingplayer and the only problem I have is it doesn't recognize the 922 as a Dishnetwork receiver so I get stuck with a genaric remote instead of a Dish remote.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Let us watch on the stand alone Slingplayer Applications!

I agree! I've been using the older version of slingplayer and it's great except for the lack of HD. Having to log into the Dish site takes forever and lacks the viewing options avaiable in slingplayer.

I called in and complained so far 3 times my sling still does not work on dishes network to watch. I can not change channels at all and it keeps asking me to update flash for firefox and I am using Internet explorer on windows 7

Ticked off

This is what we should start to expect. A little chat session

Thank you for contacting New Product Chat. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to review the information you have already provided.
(24DrDcb) Robert V.J0W: I am sorry for the trouble. I will be happy to look into this for you.
(24DrDcb) Robert V.J0W: The 922 can only use one tv and uses the other tuner in the reciever for remote viewing through the internet, The account number and password are so that only those that know the password can access the receiver since anybody who has access to the account has full access to the receiver as well as any other personal info.
connie beckley: My old 622 used the TV2 out to go to my kids room. I was told by a dish rep that I could sling just as easy. I do not want to give my kids my password. Also my old sling player did not have to go through a web site. Your site is very slow.
connie beckley: I got duped with this player. I am being charged more for less features and I am now stuck with a contract that I did not have before
(24DrDcb) Robert V.J0W: Again I am sorry for the inconvenience. What site did you go through before with the external sling player?
connie beckley: Not happy at all.
connie beckley: The external sling did not have to go through a site. It was IP based.
(24DrDcb) Robert V.J0W: Ok, thank you.
(24DrDcb) Robert V.J0W: Ok, thank you.
connie beckley: Dish let me down with bad information. I was not told that the TV2 did not work. how do I get out of my contract. I just signed it this morning
(24DrDcb) Robert V.J0W has left the session.
Your agent is experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by while we re-establish contact or find a new agent...
Please wait while we find an agent from the (17) New Product department to assist you.

Dish locked me out of the online chat. I guess I will have to hound them by phone so I can get my 622 back.
A POX ON THERE HOMES!:mad:

Dish supervisor agreed to let me out of my contract and reactivate my old 622.
I hope my local retailer will take back the 922.

I am sure glad I didn't upgrade to this 922 yet. I would hate to have to deal with all these problems. Now come June, I might get the tv everywhere adapter and hd media extender for my bedroom , IF It Works by then.

Yes it works with the iPhone / iPad. :)

It just does not work with the Mac or Windows Slingplayer application.

Dish requires those users to view via their website... and I dont want to give my kids my username and password to my Dish Network account to watch TV.

Let us watch via the Slingplayer software!

Yes it works with the iPhone / iPad. :)

It just does not work with the Mac or Windows Slingplayer application.

Dish requires those users to view via their website... and I dont want to give my kids my username and password to my Dish Network account to watch TV.

Let us watch via the Slingplayer software!

Scott - How are you using it with your iPad? Are you using the Iphone application or are you connecting through the dish website? I haven't been able to get the live TV aspect to play through the website yet, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Also, I will likely download the sling appliation on my new iPad, but I heard that there was an iPad specific app in the works. Will I have to buy this in addition if I buy the Iphone one now?

there is a rebate right now for the ipod app. You get your 29.95 back in a credit to your dish account in 4 or 5 weeks. Just sign up first for dish sling account then go buy the app. Sling will see that you purchased the app and send the credit. The ipad app does work good on the ipad. So good that I have decided not to go back to my 622.

Here is the new rub for now. Dish has send notification that a return box is coming to me to send back the receiver I bought with my own money. They said that I leased it as I had a 18 month contract at one time. The reason I had the contract is they had a programing deal I wanted that involved the contract. Bad thing is the local dealer i bought it from four years ago is out of business and I am having trouble confirming.
I do not want to give them this receiver and I really do not want them to mark it as bad making it worthless to sell.

If not one thing it is another

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)