Sling on Roku

4d3fect

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
central Cali
Currently trying out a week of Sling on my Roku and not liking it much--clumsy interface, crashing, weird colors.

Other Roku channels behave normally; I have sufficient bandwidth. Not seeing the appeal of it right now.

Anyone else have this experience?

That's good to hear. This I have to chalk up to randomness. Similar experience with Ooma before we dropped our POTS line--Had plenty of bandwidth but it never worked dependably.

I unplug power for a few seconds when any of my apps act up.
If that doesn't help you can then do a pain in the rear reset.

Thanks, I'll try that after the wife's done with the TV and report back. Odd that a technical system requires a simple mechanical solution...

I should add a second step before doing a reset (if it comes to that).
Remove the Sling TV app and then download again but I would try unplug first.

Thanks for the reminder. The app troubles I've had have been resolved by the unplug/replug (hard reboot?). So far haven't had to resort to deleting/reinstalling the app. ...Does anyone know if these have heat problems? Mine is sitting flat on an open shelf next to the TV, not enclosed at all.

It's been up for an hour and a half, only warm.

The "functiionality" (I use the term loosely here) has degraded. Any discussion about being on the forefront of a disruptive technology would simply be dismissed in this household as irrelevant if it doesn't "just work".

/r
Thanks for the helpful suggestions, all.
ETA: wired ethernet.

Last edited:
What version of Roku are you using? I added Sling TV to my new Roku LT Saturday, and it was quick and painless. The interface is a bit different so it'll take some getting use to but otherwise the service seems useable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)