SLING ON SAMSUNG SMART TV

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Still waiting for this to appear on Samsung Tv Smart Hub. Still shows Dishworld app available but no Sling. I use Hulu, Netflix, HBO etc through the smart hub, and everything works great. Really don't want to get another device to allow access to Sling. My Samsung was purchased less than 10 months ago, so I had assumed a Sling app would be available by now... am I SOL or is this still happening ?

As stated earlier, Samsung smart hub is working great. Just hoping that Sling would launch on Samsung TV soon, as they promised back in March when they launched. Anyone have any insight as to when this might happen?

Yes, I can see the value of having everything in one place. While a universal remote can take care of the multi-remote issue, the acceptance factor of one integrated system can be pretty high. i.e. if the Roku had an OTA adapter, it would make learning easier for my wife, i.e. not having to change sources.

I agree with Claude that the Roku seems to have the best/most apps available. I also think the built into TV thing is kind of nice, but with the way technology moves, I currently prefer a separate STB that I can swap out in case something better comes along.

Scott, All Samsung TV s or just certain models? Would be nice if Sling kept us in the loop on progress for the devices they promised back in March.
Personally I lay that at the feet of Samsung. All sling can do is make it available. Samsung actually has to push it onto the TV's. Asking Sling to let you know when it will be there is like asking Google for when a Verizon Droid phone will get the latest android update.

Into July and still no hint of this service coming to Samsung Smart TVs... Have to assume this is no longer on their radar, or they would at least update everyone with a tentative date. Too bad, would be nice to have everything in one place (hulu, netflix, sling etc).

Well July has come and gone, and I still see the Dishworld app on Samsung's Smarthub, but no sign of SlingTv. Does anyone have any inside info from Samsung or Sling to confirm that this is still happening ? I really like having Netflix, Hulu, WWE, Crackle, Etc all in the same place. Would love to get Sling, but don't want to have to go through a Roku or X Box to do it. Thanks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)