Sling question with dish

sammy4041

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Eau Claire, WI
Ok guys I am very confused on this.

I Have attempted to research the whole sling concept in the past and always get intimidated by the cost and how it really works.

I will first tell you my situation and hopefully you can help me out with an answer.

My wife took employment in another city and we are apart for probably a year and half. So right now we are paying for our Dish at home and she has Charter at her temp place.

So to make it simple. Can I get buy a slingbox and have her be able to watch our home dish on her TV there.

I get confused because they sell that other product that is suppose to hook up to her tv at the other place.

I guess I dont understand why we cant just do a direct laptop connection to her LCD tv.

If this possible would you guys consider it a vaild replacement to her cable there.

Thanks Guys

Yes. It will sling to a computer and you can use your LCD moniter. It will not however sling hd.

That would work. The only caveat is that the remote Sling stream is pretty pathetic at something like 320X280 if memory serves. You could buy a Slingbox Pro HD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts