Sling & Roku app for HGTV, Food Network

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
This post could go either on Sling or IPTV forum....I noticed on Roku 3 this morning that there's an app for HGTV and FOOD Network. When you get the code and go online to add it asks you for the service provider, of course Sling isn't there but Dish net is. I realize that both channels are on Sling but thought maybe it would work, using Sling as the provider, and possibly other content might be available. So forget that brilliant idea. Just thought I'd pass the info along.

I can verify these worked fine with a Dish Network account. Not convinced it's a full HD picture on the live stream, but it looks like adaptive rate streaming so as long as you have a good quality connection it should improve over time - mine at least started with a fairly pixelated/soft video and then as bandwidth ramped up the picture quality improved.

Reactions: Blindowl1234
I'm not that concerned with a Watch DIY app being launched, but does anybody know if they plan on launching a Watch GAC app? I am happy to finally see Food Network and HGTV get a Roku app, but to have a GAC app would be great. The channel has certainly grown on me, especially with the cool restoration and a few other reality shows they have now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)