Sling setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

my3son

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
United States
Can someone point me to a thread that details the sling setup process for a Hopper? I've got mine plugged in but my iPhone and iPad can only set to record. I'm sure it's been posted somewhere (this site is amazing) but I can't find it in the search.

Can someone point me to a thread that details the sling setup process for a Hopper? I've got mine plugged in but my iPhone and iPad can only set to record. I'm sure it's been posted somewhere (this site is amazing) but I can't find it in the search.

I just plugged mine in and it worked. Make sure the red light is on once it's plugged in.

Try all 3 USB inputs too (2 on the back, 1 on the front) and make sure the red light comes on. That was my issues for some reason the red light wasn't on and I had to replug it in.

You plug it in to the Hopper (not the Joey) and wait for the light to turn red.

When its ready to use a message pops on on your screen saying a Sling Adapter is attached and ready to use.

Once you have that download the DISH Remote Access app for your device and you should be good to go.

There is one thing I needed to do before I could get the sling adapter to work. As for as the device itself, all I had to do was plug it in and make sure it was recognized. However, before I could access everything online, I actually had to make a change to the settings on Dish Online. For some reason, it was still trying to connect to my previous receiver to establish a connection with the Sling Adapter, even though it had been inactivated. Once you are logged into Dish Online, you should see a picture of your old receiver in the top right corner of the webpage. There should be a drop down to the right of that picture where you can select your Hopper, you can tell because it should have the name which your Hopper is named. I have provided a screenshot so you can see what I am talking about.

Sling.png

I don't know if this will be the case for everybody, but this is what I had to go through to get it to work. Let me know if it works for you.

My dad tried plugging his in and the red light doesn't come on. When you look at the diagnostic, it's not seeing it at all. He tried plugging it in a couple times - no dice. I told him to try waiting for it to do it's nightly download and see if it gets picked up then.

I tried my SA on my i-Pad early this am, it worked for live tv, played recorded events, but when I set up a recording for the last 20 minutes of a program it didn't show up in DVR on my Hopper, checked my ehd and it was not there either.
Dan

Sorry for asking the obvious, but your Hopper is connected to the internet right? Cause the red light will not come on if no internet connection is detected.

Yes, it's connected with a red light. I think I have to do what Wheelieman said tonight because my iPhone is still showing my 722k as well as both Hoppers and both Joeys. I just need to get the correct Hopper straight with Dish Online.

Hmm, I don't use my sling that much, but it had the red light when it was plugged in by the installer, but no message popped up on the tv. However, my dishonline only shows my old receivers. Had them installed yesterday morning. Maybe another night to update?????

I just chatted with support from within the DishOnline and they said they would get the old ones removed and the new ones added. Said it would take up to 24hours, but it was there in less than a few mins. Funny thing is, both show a sling adapter attached and I only have one (2 Hopper Setup).

Yes, it's connected with a red light. I think I have to do what Wheelieman said tonight because my iPhone is still showing my 722k as well as both Hoppers and both Joeys. I just need to get the correct Hopper straight with Dish Online.

all i had to do is select the receiver with the sling box on my phone... silly me works like a champ..

For some reason, the sling adapter that worked last week with my 722k no longer works with hopper. My EHD verifies that all USB ports work, but no message pops up when I connect the SA, nor does the light go on... Getting a new one shipped this week.

So I am guessing it should be no problem connecting the older style "slingbox" to the hopper, when I placed my order i did want to spend the thirty bucks since I have a slingbox

Technician showed up at my Dad's place this morning and had to switch out his hopper in order for it to work. He plugged his Sling Adapter into the new one and it showed right up. Mine comes tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

How does Sling work with Hopper? On my 722K it has to take over TV2 to work. With Hopper, could you watch live TV on TV1 via Hopper, live TV on TV2 via Joey, PLUS sling on tuner 3?

How does Sling work with Hopper? On my 722K it has to take over TV2 to work. With Hopper, could you watch live TV on TV1 via Hopper, live TV on TV2 via Joey, PLUS sling on tuner 3?

I guess nobody knows? Surely someone does... Either way I'll be finding for myself soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)