Sling setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Waiting on Dish to send me a replacement Sling Adapter. I tried all 3 USB ports which all worked when I plugged in external HDD. Hopefully the replacement fixes the problem.

How does Sling work with Hopper? On my 722K it has to take over TV2 to work. With Hopper, could you watch live TV on TV1 via Hopper, live TV on TV2 via Joey, PLUS sling on tuner 3?

its been awhile since i installed a SA on a hopper, but from the last install that i did couple of months ago, the SA only read the first tuner which is basically where your hopper is. even though the other 2 tuners were available it didn't ump to those tuners...if your watching live tv (where hopper is) you couldnt watch it on your SA....like i said its been awhile, so i'm not too sure if new software fixed it

Yeah... A lot has changed since I posted that. Sling Adapter uses any of the available tuners :) .

Does anyone know if the sling and the dish online web site are smart enough to realize you are both inside the same nat? I assume the pc talks directly to the sling adapter and the feed does not go back to or thru dish. If this is the case i have seen many soho routers that will not allow you to access a device inside your nat by using the outside ip address.

Does anyone know if the sling and the dish online web site are smart enough to realize you are both inside the same nat? I assume the pc talks directly to the sling adapter and the feed does not go back to or thru dish. If this is the case i have seen many soho routers that will not allow you to access a device inside your nat by using the outside ip address.

It pulls the feed from the receiver's local IP if you are on the same network.

I had the same issue. Receive a second Sling, and it didn't work either. Turned out to be a defective Hopper, in which case all 3 USB ports did not work. This was verified by trying to plug in an Ext. HDD, and it didn't work either. Not saying your Sling Adapter works, and it's the hopper, just that I'd verify that the USB ports actually work while you wait on another SA.

What's the password for WatchSling.com? It use to be Admin, but that no longer works. I'm using a Sling adapter with Hopper. It worked up until a few days ago.:confused:

Just received my second Sling Adapter and it still doesn't work. All USB ports are working, too, because they all recognize my external HDD.

Got mine Friday - does not work. It lights up, dishonline shows family room hopper in the upper corner, can pull up recordings, can't watch anything - in Firefox and chrome the error is...

"Your device isn't correctly registering with our service. Wait five minutes, then try again. If this recurs, reboot your device or router if you can. Then try again. (Error 6)"

I've tried doing those things numerous times. It also does not work with the android, iphone, or ipad apps. Different wording in each, but they all basically say they can't find receiver family room. They can also all see recorded programs, just can't get video to work.

Using IE on the same home network gets video, but the android and iphone apps don't when connected to the home network.

I tried port-forwarding as suggested in another thread, no dice there either.

Dish coming in the morning to replace Hopper because USB ports not recognizing Sling adapter. Weird considering all USB ports recognize my external HDD. Having to transfer all shows to external HDD before he gets here.

After 2.5-3 hours of extensive troubleshooting the tech finally replaced the receiver and everything's working GREAT!

Got my Sling adapter delivered last Wednesday - plugged it in, downloaded the app onto iPhone and iPad - worked like a charm....That is - as long as you are on the wireless network. If not (3G), you can do everything except watch anything on the iPhone or iPad. You will receive an error "Invalid FinderID". Apparently this has been discussed somewhere else on here, as this is a now a 'known issue' to Dish and they say they are working to solve the solution. This is actually the main reason I bought the Sling for - I connect my phone by Bluetooth to the navigation system/stereo in my car. With the Dish app, I can stream all of the audio channels I get on Dish through the stereo, and not have to pay extra for Sirius/XM channels through the car radio (I still have a grandfathered unlimited data plan...). When I am in the garage and my iPhone is still connected to my wireless network, the audio comes through the car stereo great! As soon as I lose the wireless connection and it goes to 3G, 'Invalid FinderID'... Hope they fix it soon - I drive a lot of miles and it would be nice to able to listen to the music I already pay for....

mr_melvis

I am experiencing the invalid FinderID while on 3G as well. Worked fine from home while on home wireless network.

Got my Sling adapter delivered last Wednesday - plugged it in, downloaded the app onto iPhone and iPad - worked like a charm....That is - as long as you are on the wireless network. If not (3G), you can do everything except watch anything on the iPhone or iPad. You will receive an error "Invalid FinderID". Apparently this has been discussed somewhere else on here, as this is a now a 'known issue' to Dish and they say they are working to solve the solution. This is actually the main reason I bought the Sling for - I connect my phone by Bluetooth to the navigation system/stereo in my car. With the Dish app, I can stream all of the audio channels I get on Dish through the stereo, and not have to pay extra for Sirius/XM channels through the car radio (I still have a grandfathered unlimited data plan...). When I am in the garage and my iPhone is still connected to my wireless network, the audio comes through the car stereo great! As soon as I lose the wireless connection and it goes to 3G, 'Invalid FinderID'... Hope they fix it soon - I drive a lot of miles and it would be nice to able to listen to the music I already pay for....

mr_melvis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts