Sling TV Adds AMC, IFC and new Movie Based Pack with Epix.

I wouldn't mind paying an extra $5 for adding a 2nd Roku, but to avoid sharing getting out of control just make it a max number of 2 or 3 streams at once.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Wish the AMC On Demand selection went back farther. I was hoping that Better Call Saul would have Episode 1 - now. But its only like the last two episodes which will be nice so I don't have to watch Mad Men live. If they had added the channel when it was announced then they would have had the episodes from the beginning. Small nitpick I guess since going forward there at least is a way to watch a show you missed.

Wish the AMC On Demand selection went back farther. I was hoping that Better Call Saul would have Episode 1 - now. But its only like the last two episodes which will be nice so I don't have to watch Mad Men live. If they had added the channel when it was announced then they would have had the episodes from the beginning. Small nitpick I guess since going forward there at least is a way to watch a show you missed.

I looked everywhere, this quote comes closet to answering the question "is AMC a live broadcast stream, on-demand streaming or both?" Do I need to be in front of my tv on Sunday night for WD/TD?

I wish there was a way to sub to only the extra packages without getting the base package. I only want EPIX. Dont need the rest. I'm on a 30 day free trial but will most likely cancel after that. I do love how you can go back and forward in time and watch what has aired or what will air.

Reactions: TheKrell
I looked everywhere, this quote comes closet to answering the question "is AMC a live broadcast stream, on-demand streaming or both?" Do I need to be in front of my tv on Sunday night for WD/TD?
Right now you have VOD for Better Call Saul, Comic Book Men, and Walking dead and it goes back 3 episodes as far as I can tell.

SlingTV really seems to offer the best of both worlds, frugality with programming options. You compromise on on demand access, but do so for a sharp discount. My problem is no OTA channels (lack a good enough antenna to do it reliably at home myself) and no TCM or NBCSN. I'd be willing to consider dropping NBCSN if they did get TCM though and figure out a way around the OTA.

To avoid sharing I wonder if they could allow two to three streams (for an added fee) on the home network, but if a stream is being used outside of the home network, you aren't allowed to stream at home at the same time. Doubt enough people know about IP spoofing to get around it.
I wish there was a way to sub to only the extra packages without getting the base package. I only want EPIX. Dont need the rest. I'm on a 30 day free trial but will most likely cancel after that. I do love how you can go back and forward in time and watch what has aired or what will air.
They need their base fee for infrastructure. Doubt you can get Epix anywhere else legally for just $25. Of course, Epix isn't worth $25 if you don't watch the other channels.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
They need their base fee for infrastructure.
So you either have to have the base package, or sub to at least 5 extra packages to avoid having the base package. Of course the owners' contracts probably don't allow it.

Last edited:
Maybe I am wrong, I do not forsee Sling TV offering OTA/locals. That is a lot headache they avoid by not having to work out all those contracts (not to mention the expense).

So you either have to have the base package, or sub to at least 5 extra packages to avoid having the base package. Of course the owners' contracts probably don't allow it.
Yup, no way Disney doesn't get their slice.

If Disney pulls out due to lack of subscribers, then that may be the route Dish can take.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)