Sling TV home setup

Lue, You never seem to answer any direct questions from anyone for what reason, I do not know, however, I will try once more. Why are you so worried about SlingTV? Are you going to get it? I don't recall you ever even answering that. Are you currently a Dish subscriber, if so, are you planning to switch to SlingTV? To answer your question, if you can get SlingTV on a Roku box, you can do an HDMI out to the A/V receiver, and if there is any surround sound to decode it will ride along with the HDMI to the A/V receiver and you will have SlingTV in surround sound.

This thread is about the Sling TV in Home Setup, there will be millions of next gen, people coming here to get info on how to set up their Sling TV at Home, I would be happy to answer all questions pertaining to the market penetration, programming, etc. etc., please start a thread on that and I will be right over. Meanwhile back at the ranch we need to keep this thread on the topic of In Home Sling TV setup. Thanks. Take Back TV.

The next revolution IS televised.
Someone has asked how to run Sling TV thru their Surround Sound unit, anybody got this figured out yet? Will a nexus 7 chromcast surround to the TV?

http://advanced-television.com/2015/01/09/streaming-devices-set-to-dominate-viewing/
The phrase "The next revolution will be televised" is a major part of the title card for the BBC Three TV series Cyderdelic. Will Marc Wootton be a spokesperson or help with the set-up? I hope the BBC nor Mark Wootton don't sue for use of such a similar phrase.

Slick, Portable, Big Screen for your Sling TV. Phone/Tablet + a Pico Projector = Big Screen Netflix, Movies, ESPN games etc. etc. Killer app for Back Yard BBQ's, Parties, Family Gatherings etc. I can see the College Dorm Guys charging admission to the Big Game. lol Take Back TV.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/popular-pico-projectors.htm
http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/dlp-techn...ojectors/pico-mobile-projectors-overview.page

Clayton: That’s what Maker TV is. Facebook and Twitter. Netflix is on the service. We are putting a lot of the nontraditional video services on Sling TV.

Last edited:
The next revolution IS televised.
Someone has asked how to run Sling TV thru their Surround Sound unit, anybody got this figured out yet? Will a nexus 7 chromcast surround to the TV?

http://advanced-television.com/2015/01/09/streaming-devices-set-to-dominate-viewing/

The same way you run a Blu Ray player, game console, or set-top box through surround sound. HDMI to a reciever. Thats really a question? First does the Sling TV stream have a DD+ singal or is it stereo. If its stereo the best you can do is have your reciever apply Pro Logic to it to fake surround sound. If the stream does have a DD+ stream then its going to be up to the hardware. I assume something like a Roku or Fire TV can pass that signal. It looks like Chromcast will pass it for Netflix so as long as SlingTv has the stream it should. Why would this set up be any different from any other home theater setup?

Again, you refuse to answer any direct questions. Would you happen to be a member of the United States Congress?

He certainly sounds like a politic. It's very strange in how he posts. Just non stop posting about promoting a service that isn't available yet. Never answers any questions, just follows up with another post on the future and taking back TV. It just seems he has some kind of agenda on here with SlingTV. I wonder if he's working for them.

There is no surround audio being sent. but sure you can put it through a surround sound system. Since my Samsung 4K TV will support Sling TV the audio will go out the TV to my surround sound via HDMI over the Arc connection.

BTW I do not believe he works for Sling TV. Maybe things are just boeing in Nebraska for some folks. :D

He certainly sounds like a politic. It's very strange in how he posts. Just non stop posting about promoting a service that isn't available yet. Never answers any questions, just follows up with another post on the future and taking back TV. It just seems he has some kind of agenda on here with SlingTV. I wonder if he's working for them.

There is no surround audio being sent. but sure you can put it through a surround sound system. Since my Samsung 4K TV will support Sling TV the audio will go out the TV to my surround sound via HDMI over the Arc connection.

BTW I do not believe he works for Sling TV. Maybe things are just boeing in Nebraska for some folks. :D
Or, batguano crazy in Nebraska. (Boeing is in WA, I believe.)

Definitely a long shot but I wonder if Dish would waive their cancellation fees for customers who want to switch to Sling TV.

Not likely, it would set too much of a precedence and you'd probably have a lot of people do it. Since there's no contract with SlingTv, people would quickly realize they could get out of their Dish contract, do SlingTv for only a month, then drop that... Also, canceling a Dish contract doesn't guarantee that person would then actually start an account for SlingTv.

But, you never know until you try.

Reactions: ChadT41
And apparently this will include watch ESPN access. Sorry if this was mentioned earlier.

If that is so, I'm a little surprised. I was not expecting that

That is the big draw!
Assuming using it with the sling credentials does not count as your stream, then it would effectively do away with my biggest hold off with the service.

Of course, this will likely be limited to ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3. Which is enough for many.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts