SLING TV or DISH FLEX

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Thinking of adding some TV for the GF and little guy during this upcoming winter.
Any pros/cons of either service compared to each other?

From what I gather both offer almost the same channels. Sling would cost 5$ less than Flex 29.99$ vs 25$). Already picking up 30 OTA channels so locals aren't an issue.

Thoughts and/or opinions?

I would also consider Ps Vue. IMO it is a superior service than sling, although the base package is slightly higher. With that price there are advantages however versus a single sling blue or sling orange package. DVR functionality, better channel selection, multiple streams, and a sharper picture.

As for sling vs flex, how is your internet situation?

Internet is fine.. 30mb unlimited. Doesn't Sling over 2-3 streams?
Sling blue allows multiple streams on the channels in that package. Sling orange does not, unless you have both packages and the channels overlap. (I think I got the colors correctly here).

Your internet would be fine then for either of these services.

http://help.sling.com/articles/en_U...ng-TV-on-multiple-devices-at-the-same-time-13

Can I watch Sling TV on multiple devices at the same time?

devices. The number of devices on which Sling content can be watched at the same time varies based on the Sling service.

If you subscribe to our Sling Orange service you can enjoy one stream at a time. Any extras you add to your Sling Orange service will be included in your single stream.

If you subscribe to our Sling Blue service you can enjoy up to three streams of these channels at one time! This means you can enjoy FOX on your big screen, while your computer streams AMC, and catch up on the news with CNN on your mobile device. Any extras you add to your Sling Blue service will be included in your three streams.

Thinking of adding some TV for the GF and little guy during this upcoming winter.
Any pros/cons of either service compared to each other?

From what I gather both offer almost the same channels. Sling would cost 5$ less than Flex 29.99$ vs 25$). Already picking up 30 OTA channels so locals aren't an issue.

Thoughts and/or opinions?
I guess it depends on if and what kind of devices you have or want.
If you just want 1 room IMO Flex has way more to offer at $30 Than sling TV does period.
But if you want multiple rooms and 24 month commitment Flex can get expensive.
SlingBlue or even VUE become better options if DVR isnt required.

I guess it depends on if and what kind of devices you have or want.
If you just want 1 room IMO Flex has way more to offer at $30 Than sling TV does period.
But if you want multiple rooms and 24 month commitment Flex can get expensive.
SlingBlue or even VUE become better options if DVR isnt required.
If you want a one room non-dvr(Wally) situation, then Dish Flex is for you. Even ordering a DVR for just one room will cost you $10.00 extra.

IF you had DirecTV with all of the bells & whistles(Premier plus all of the various sports packages), then getting the Sling Blue package PLUS the Sports Extra(NFL RedZone, not DirecTV's version of it, & the Pac-12 channels) & the Hollywood Extra(Epix, Epix 2, Epix Drive-In, & Epix Hits) for $40.00 total, would give you the channels that DirecTV doesn't carry.

I had sling for over a year and recently switched to the flex package. I liked having more choice over when I watched something on sling, but was running into data caps on AT&T and wanted locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)