Sling TV Pitches Discounted AirTV Player Bundle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've decided to pull the trigger on this offer, while I don't need another streaming bo:mad:Aleady have Fire TV & Roku)I am intrigued by the ATSC OTA Tuner with integrated guide information within the Sling TV app. I have used PS Vue in the past, and their picture quality seemed somewhat better to me, but it is close enough to give the less expensive Sling package options an extended three month trial. I will add comments after I receive the AirTV box in a week or so.

Odd question, but hopefully someone has seen this.

My AirTV on initial turn on or when I press the sling button, seems to be making my Samsung KS8000 go to HDMI 1 input. I've disconnected everything in troubleshooting and its definitely those two things that are causing it. Has anyone else seen this?

Hit the diamond key to get to the google tv desktop.

Then go to settings

Then select HDMI

Then go down to HDMI CEC and turn it off.

Your problem is now fixed. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hit the diamond key to get to the google tv desktop.

Then go to settings

Then select HDMI

Then go down to HDMI CEC and turn it off.

Your problem is now fixed. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

turning that off won't fix it, already did that. Airtv is plugged into HDMI 3. I don't even have to have the HDMI plugged into the tv and the remote makes the samsung go to HDMI 1 when pressing power or pressing the sling button.

I've decided to pull the trigger on this offer, while I don't need another streaming bo:mad:Aleady have Fire TV & Roku)I am intrigued by the ATSC OTA Tuner with integrated guide information within the Sling TV app. I have used PS Vue in the past, and their picture quality seemed somewhat better to me, but it is close enough to give the less expensive Sling package options an extended three month trial. I will add comments after I receive the AirTV box in a week or so.

Well, I received my AirTV box yesterday and completed the initial set-up. First of all, the installation process is simple enough and was completed rather quickly. My first impression of the box is a little less then enthusiastic. The biggest disappointment is the Google/Android home screen is not well organized and requires some major tweaking to organize and add my desired apps. Also, the Sling TV function is fine, but the added OTA tuner is not very sensitive and does not receive all of the available channels in my area(I have a Channel Master OTA DVR that does!)though it is nice to add those channels to the Sling channels I subscribe to in the guide. Solid Box, but the UI is not as polished as either Roku or FireTV.

The Google Android Screen is GoogleTV and the way Google Designed it.

There is supposed to be a big google TV announcement next week about a major update... Cant wait to see whats new! :D

Agreed! Hopefully, it will not just be the addition of new apps, but an improved user interface that is closer to Roku.
For me only, I really hope they do not move the ui closer to roku.

I much prefer the Android TV look, but I do think there can be improvements.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)