Sling TV Suppliers Say The Company Has Less Than 500,000 Subscribers, Decelerating Signups

Well I have no interest in reading this article if I'm forced to download and app to read it all.
Consider using a full-fledged computing device. I have no trouble viewing the article in Firefox under both Linux and Windows both with and without logging in to Seeking Alpha.

I'm not sure on what planet DISH wouldn't have contract language to prevent programmers from sharing subscriber information.

EDIT: It turns out that when I go to page 2 of the article, it wants me to log in. Not a big deal for me as I'm not petrifyingly paranoid and have had an account there for many years.

Last edited:
Well I have no interest in reading this article if I'm forced to download and app to read it all.
How are you having problems being able to pull it up? is it a paywall? I ask because I haven't been having problems reading this article, but I'm not paying or doing anything special in order to do so.

I use Sling TV mainly as background noise, with it mainly on ESPN, while I play on my computer. I hope that this isn't some here today, gone tomorrow IPTV service, like Sky Angel(FaveTV), Ivi TV, or Nimble TV(when you could order & view Dish Network programming on it before it went out of business) were. Maybe people are waiting to see if it will still be around 2-3 years from now before they seriously consider ordering it.

How are you having problems being able to pull it up? is it a paywall? I ask because I haven't been having problems reading this article, but I'm not paying or doing anything special in order to do so.
As soon as you click on Read entire Article, an app download covers the whole screen, and the only way to get it off is to exit.

I use Sling TV mainly as background noise, with it mainly on ESPN, while I play on my computer. I hope that this isn't some here today, gone tomorrow IPTV service, like Sky Angel(FaveTV), Ivi TV, or Nimble TV(when you could order & view Dish Network programming on it before it went out of business) were. Maybe people are waiting to see if it will still be around 2-3 years from now before they seriously consider ordering it.
That's the magic of OTT. It doesn't take much to open the doors and the doors pretty much automatically slam shut when it gets to be too much trouble. There isn't much infrastructure keeping them committed so they just walk away.

This is my Desktop on page 2

Attachments

• 1449707730383.jpg
    1449707730383.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 271
This is my Desktop on page 2
I must have done this a good while ago, & my computer still remembers me signing in because when i hit the link, it goes straight to the article. The only downside to filling in the info is that you get emails from them, a lot actually, notifying you of a new article they published(it is free though). That's how I knew about this article.

I must have done this a good while ago, & my computer still remembers me signing in because when i hit the link, it goes straight to the article. The only downside to filling in the info is that you get emails from them, a lot actually, notifying you of a new article they published(it is free though). That's how I knew about this article.
From what I read, it was Interesting.

The whole problem with sling Tv is that it's a toy.

Oh that's neat, I can get a handful of channels on my Roku. Let's do a 7 day trial, and maybe forget to cancel after the first month.

The problem is that it's not replacing the way people watch tv, people are not going to dump their cable subscription to get sling.

The people who are truely cutting the cord bairly want to pay $30/mo for a decent internet connection.

The whole problem with sling Tv is that it's a toy.

Oh that's neat, I can get a handful of channels on my Roku. Let's do a 7 day trial, and maybe forget to cancel after the first month.

The problem is that it's not replacing the way people watch tv, people are not going to dump their cable subscription to get sling.

The people who are truely cutting the cord bairly want to pay $30/mo for a decent internet connection.
I agree.
And the Single guy, isn't the one that can't afford cable services, it's the families of 3, 4,5,6 that aren't going to dump their regular provider services for Sling.

Take my household,
5 rooms of services.
I pay $125 including taxes for tv services for the next 20 months.
That's Top 250, HBO, Movie Pack. 2 Hoppers 2 Joeys,1 Vip211z, 8 more months of Netflix free.
Internet $58.95
$185 and I can always drop down to a much lower package if I choose to.
And I don't need internet if I had to go without.

Now for 5 rooms of Sling, is $100 per month @$20 each.
Plus $67.95 for stand alone internet, $11.99 for 4 streams of Netflix.
$180

That doesn't seem like it's that good of a deal to me.
Not when you can get a better deal on Regular services.

Sling with all its glitches lol works for us. 60 plus channels OTA plus a Roku 3 with Netflix and Sling. It's just two of us in our house so it makes the wife happy to watch typical cable fare.
Not counting the cost of internet we pay pay about $35-40 a month. Guess I'm old school since I remember the old days when a house had one Tv and you watched whatever the rest of
those in the house watched. I mostly agree with Claude but people aren't going to give up cable unless the replacement gives them what they have now for 1/2 the current cost.
Cable with its 200 plus channels of whatever is like a drug to some, they gotta have it. They don't care the cost. The cable bundle is a marketing dream come true for the cable companies too.

Sling with all its glitches lol works for us. 60 plus channels OTA plus a Roku 3 with Netflix and Sling. It's just two of us in our house so it makes the wife happy to watch typical cable fare.
Not counting the cost of internet we pay pay about $35-40 a month. Guess I'm old school since I remember the old days when a house had one Tv and you watched whatever the rest of
those in the house watched. I mostly agree with Claude but people aren't going to give up cable unless the replacement gives them what they have now for 1/2 the current cost.
Cable with its 200 plus channels of whatever is like a drug to some, they gotta have it. They don't care the cost. The cable bundle is a marketing dream come true for the cable companies too.
One TV with only 2 VHF channels, because you live out on a farm & the 3rd UHF channel is too weak to make it past the city limits.