Sling TV, Watch ESPN?

sfatula

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Calera, OK
I see it is limited to one stream. However, what I have not seen answered yet is will it allow you to run Watch ESPN app and authorize using a Dish account subscribed to Sling TV? If it can, then, you can indeed watch more than one program at once. The same would apply to TNT app, etc.

Anyone have any info on this?

I guess as I do not see any? This is a specific question, I see a thread about free sling tv, which I am not interested in. I see a CES thread, which is too many pictures and such.

The SlingTv that you posted here is being discussed in the Free Sling TV thread.

Some of the same questions you are asking.

If you mean the one titled "Sling TV for Free, no subscription cost", not a mention I can find, read the whole thread. I guess I will ask there then.

Reactions: ChadT41
I would add to this and ask, generally, does a Sling TV subscription allow customers to log into the TV Everywhere sites/apps of any included channels? "Watch ABC Family", HGTV App, etc, etc.

Reactions: satjay
I am leaning towards not being able to based on the add-on packages (but maybe access added with the add-ons). For instance, lets take Disney. You get Disney with the base set of channels. If they gave you Watch Disney access, coupled with the fact you are using a device with most likely has Watch Disney apps, why then would you pay $5 to add on Disney XD and Disney Jr when you can just use the app? Same with Watch ESPN, if the add-on is like SEC Network or something, you could get those with the App instead. So they would lose the revenue from the $5 upgrade. What I hope they do is unlock the Watch X app access when you buy the add-on package. I know someone is going to say how that's a rip-off.

I would add to this and ask, generally, does a Sling TV subscription allow customers to log into the TV Everywhere sites/apps of any included channels? "Watch ABC Family", HGTV App, etc, etc.

Very good question! :)

I bet it doesn't allow tv everywhere ,because it is already linked to DISH subs. Sling tv ,even though it is made by DISH ,won't necessarily be linked to DISH extra services .

I bet it doesn't allow tv everywhere ,because it is already linked to DISH subs. Sling tv ,even though it is made by DISH ,won't necessarily be linked to DISH extra services .
I don't think it is out of possibility to have it be an added feature (more money or along with an add-on). I assume in simple terms what something like Watch ESPN does now is redirect you to a Dish login page, then Dish returns a True if the right package to allow streaming or False if not. I don't see why it the Sling Tv login couldn't be added as a authentication method. On a side note I tried to login to Watch ESPN with my cable login. I get cable internet but not TV. It let me login but ESPN said that I didn't have access to the live streaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)