Sling with EHD?

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
Dumb question. I'm getting a 722k, and was wondering whether I can have both a sling adapter and EHD connected to the receiver at the same time? I see that there's only 1 usb port on the receiver.

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
You can even Sling recorded content from the EHD. At least you can on the ViP 612/622/722/722K. Not sure about the 922 and last I heard, Hopper can't do that for some reason, hope they fix that before I get my Hoppers!

fbbonline

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 9, 2008
Yes, that is correct. That is how I have mine connected.

And it works OK? Everytime I try to use that set-up, it causes problems with my DVR within 24 hours. Sling stops working, DVR stops recording timers, etc. As soon as I unplug the Sling and reboot, everything returns to normal. I've stopped using my Sling because of it.

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
And it works OK? Everytime I try to use that set-up, it causes problems with my DVR within 24 hours. Sling stops working, DVR stops recording timers, etc. As soon as I unplug the Sling and reboot, everything returns to normal. I've stopped using my Sling because of it.

Sounds like a bad receiver or bad Sling adapter or both. I have my EHD(s) and Sling connected to both ports 24/7 and have no issues whatsoever.

kwindrem

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 5, 2006
You can even Sling recorded content from the EHD. At least you can on the ViP 612/622/722/722K. Not sure about the 922 and last I heard, Hopper can't do that for some reason, hope they fix that before I get my Hoppers!
I can confirm you can NOT see EHD content connected to a 922 or Hopper from Dish OnLine or Dish Remote Access (dish.sling.com). Too bad. I keep most of my content on an EHD RAID for redundancy and if the receiver fails.

mx023

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 10, 2010
EASTSIDE

622/612 does not support sling adapter and last i tried 722 shows the EHD content but will not play them. not sure if that has changed it has been a while since i tried.

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
622/612 does not support sling adapter and last i tried 722 shows the EHD content but will not play them. not sure if that has changed it has been a while since i tried.

That's right forgot they don't "have the hardware required" to support Sling. Not sure about the 722, but my 722K will Sling content directly from my EHD.

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Not sure about the 722, but my 722K will Sling content directly from my EHD.

Same for the 722 last time I checked. The display on DO and DRA integrates programming from both internal and external disks into one online display, too. I wish the receiver could do that.

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
The 722 does not (like the 622 and 612), the 722K does.

:eek: please read the post above yours!

BTW - I just checked this on my 722 w/Sling Adapter and it works fine (as I stated above) via http://dish.sling.com. This morning I can't get DishOnline to show me any recordings, so I can't double check that.

Even though the 612 does not support Sling Adapters, nevertheless it does show an integrated list of recordings just like the 722/k.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts