SLINGBOX HD PRO with OPENBOX RECEIVER

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kallesatman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Denver, Colorado
At this time I've gone thru all the information available in attempting to solve my problem. I've set up the Slingbox and have it working. The problem which I have is integrating the OPENBOX Sat receiver with the sling box. No problem porting the video but here comes the sticky part..... One of the neat features of Slingbox is that you are supposed to be able to control the Openbox but the name of the manufacturer and the model name is not listed in their menue. Anybody have any experience with this. I've found the mfg. in China and even chatted via keyboard on Skype but they don't have a clue. Very polite but no help. I also looked for any older model names of this receiver and none are there either. The other thing that I am going to try is to see if I can find some domestic ( politically correct ) technical support and run the problem by them for any possible answers. I'm just having too much fun but also getting a bit frustrated. Incidentaly, had a parts shortage on a shipment from SADOUN, no biggy, and the parts where here within 2 days Xpress Mail. I am and have been greatly happy with SADOUN even when they were short of equipment. Keep up the good work SADOUN and staff.:)

With the Slingbox you program a generic remote to work with most devices. Use a JP1 learning remote to learn the key codes from the original remote. Read the key codes into your computer from the JP! remote. Assign the codes to the generic remote and build your custom remote profile. Then select your new remote you built. A littly sesrching on the Slingbox forums should turn up a how to to lead you through the steps. I programed a remote for my LG recorder a few years ago.

Thank you for the information Larry. Where do you get the JP1 and who manufactures it. Where on the slingbox menu does it allow you to import your own remote? Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your input Larry1. Your input allowed me to go to the other forum which was very enlightning. It turns out that Tommy Tyler does not live to far from my location and I was able to chat with him on the telephone. Very nice individual. Looking forward to meeting him and purchasing some of his products. In the meantime if anybody has any more answers to my dilemma the help is greatly appreciated especially if they should have the code file that I need from my remote for the satellite receiver. Hoping for an easier solution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)