Slingbox with HR24 - Configuration

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
USA
I have a slingbox a/v and will be hooking it up to my (hopefully HR24) after the installer leaves tomorrow. I am going through the Slingbox configuration and the HR24 is not under the receiver list to choose from. The model list is generally for Remote Control commands. HR20, HR21 & HR22 are listed and I assume choosing HR22 should work OK but wasn't sure.

Has anyone else configured slingbox with the HR24 yet?

I have a slingbox a/v and will be hooking it up to my (hopefully HR24) after the installer leaves tomorrow. I am going through the Slingbox configuration and the HR24 is not under the receiver list to choose from. The model list is generally for Remote Control commands. HR20, HR21 & HR22 are listed and I assume choosing HR22 should work OK but wasn't sure.

Has anyone else configured slingbox with the HR24 yet?

The HR24 is a little different (remote is 2-way for programming devices like my TV for example). AFAIK, the remote codes should be the same as the other HD-DVRs codes.

Good luck on your install; you seem prepared. Let us know how it goes.

I know little about the Sling boxes. I'm kind of curious about the best use for it given that you can use Directv2PC and MRV to steam HD with WHD throughout the home. I'm thinking the best use for Sling may be streaming away from home. Am I right or are there other ways to do that?

I just received my HR24 on Thrusday, I hooked up my slingbox pro. When setting up the sling remote I could not find HR24 either so I used what I though was closest, I forget what it was. It might not be the exact remote but it works great. I really enjoy having both the DIRECTV2PC and the Slingbox. The D*2PC is GREAT at watching shows we have stored on the DVR. The slingbox is great for watching live. The slingbox also lets you watch away from home whereas with D*2PC you can;t. So far everything works great.

Just be sure to have the broadband DECA adapter installed at the time of install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)