SlingGuide - Problems

tsheley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Hello,

I went out to SlingGuide Login and got access to the beta of the SlingGuide. The problem is when I type in my Receiver Number I get a message saying my receiver is not online and to go verify that it is. I check and everything looks good on my end. I even put the receiver's IP address in the DMZ of my router so all traffic should be going there. I know this is still pretty new but any ideas?

Thanks for the info. Any idea how to get that software? I signed up via the SlingGuide Website but can't get any farther than this.

Boo! How do you get signed up for that? In fact, how do you get signed up for any of Dish's beta stuff? Preferred customer? Money under the table? What does it take?!

I just went to the site and put in my email address. A few minutes later I got a response saying how to setup my account.

I talked to Dish and they said since my account isn't a Beta Account it won't work. I wonder why they opened the sign up to the public if you can't use it. Seems kind of silly to me.

I just went to the site and put in my email address. A few minutes later I got a response saying how to setup my account.

Same here...just got finished with my setup and all seems to be working nicely...and I've never been in their beta program at all, though I do have the newer s/w ver. L616 on my 622 if that might have anything to do with it.

You mean the SlingGuide is working? I will just have to wait to get the new L616 software? Right now I am still on L614.

I just got a email from the beta bugs team and they said if you got the L6.16 then Sling guide beta will work for you.
Here is what the beta team emailed to me.

Dear Edward,

Once you get L616 software version on the receiver(s) you can sign up and test this feature. L616 is in the process of rolling out now. You can find the current software version in the System Info Screen by pressing the System Info button on the front panel of the receiver or by pressing Menu twice on the remote.

http://dish.sling.com

Thanks

Last edited:
You mean the SlingGuide is working? I will just have to wait to get the new L616 software? Right now I am still on L614.

Well, it is for me, at least. I don't know if L616 has anything to do with it or not...I just saw all the posts from people (incl. Scott) sayin you needed special Beta software, yet mine connected and works and I've never been in any of their beta programs, and therefore not aware of my 622 ever having anything special s/w loaded on it prior to signing up thru the link in the PR release.

EDIT: Post above mine confirms L616 is the missing link.

I just got a email from the beta bugs team and they said if you got the L6.16 then Sling guide beta will work for you.

I believe I still have L6.14 on my two 722s. Is there anyway I can force a download to get L6.16? I'm really interested in the Slingguide.

Does anyone know much about it? Can you, for example, download programming from other broadcast network channels across the county, such as downloading KIROs (Seattle) evening news broadcast so you can watch it in Florida? I don't know if that would be possible, but I'd be interested in it if it was.

I believe I still have L6.14 on my two 722s. Is there anyway I can force a download to get L6.16? I'm really interested in the Slingguide.

Does anyone know much about it? Can you, for example, download programming from other broadcast network channels across the county, such as downloading KIROs (Seattle) evening news broadcast so you can watch it in Florida? I don't know if that would be possible, but I'd be interested in it if it was.

No way to force a software download...you just have to wait until your number comes up.

As for "downloading" from channels across the country, I highly doubt it. All this really does is allow you to "talk" to your actual DVR from an internet browser (as if you were sitting in front of it at home with the remote), and schedule recordings on the channels you already receive. It's not actually "downloading" any programs to your receiver.

Last edited:
Ok. So I got L616 this morning and tried to get the SlingGuide to work but it still says my receiver is not online. If I go into my Network Setup it says connected. My receiver goes through my router though is that causing the problem? Any ideas?

Is anyone else seeing this??? Yesterday my remote slingguide was working pretty well... today, it just keeps trying to connect to the unit... and never does... I read someone else said it was down... but is this the symptom you are seeing?

It appears that the website to sign up is having problems too... You do know that "Beta" means that you should expect to have problems right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)