SlingGuide - Problems

I got the email last night. One thing that bothers me, and I send in some feedback, is not being able to customize the Grid. I would like to be able to make a Favorites list much like hte DVR works now.

I got the email, but am at work so I can't get my receiver ID, so I can't get in! I tried logging into my account (dishnetwork.com), but for some reason on the Dish website, it omits the last two numbers of the"10 digits" I supposedly need... Anyway to get around this, or do I just have to wait?

I got the email, but am at work so I can't get my receiver ID, so I can't get in! I tried logging into my account (dishnetwork.com), but for some reason on the Dish website, it omits the last two numbers of the"10 digits" I supposedly need... Anyway to get around this, or do I just have to wait?
You have to wait because after you put in your receiver ID there is another 7-digit code that you need that you can only get from your receiver.

I got the invite last night signed up this morning. I did have a problem this morning when I first tried to login with a Java script error and it returned the blank white screen after web activation w/IE7.

I also have been using the IPhone remote features and I have to say the lag is a bit annoying but not horrible. I will post more when I have had more time to work with it.

Oh one more thing can someone confirm they are seeing the same. I don't have any of my OTA Locals in the Sling Guide. It does have the Satellite locals but I don't have Satellite HD locals.

Thanks

Oh one more thing can someone confirm they are seeing the same. I don't have any of my OTA Locals in the Sling Guide. It does have the Satellite locals but I don't have Satellite HD locals.

Thanks

Indeed, it does not show OTA channels in the grid, nor does it show OTA recordings (I believe it will also not show up in the timers list, but I didn't look). I first noticed this in the "MY DVR" section, looking at existing recordings, and the count on the left side of the screen was higher than what was shown on the right side of the screen (that shows the recordings). I quickly realized it did not have OTA recordings, since a majority of my recordings on the internal drive are from OTA.

I also have a Slingbox hooked up to my 622, and tried the online player. I couldn't get the Firefox plug-in to work, but was able to get the IE ActiveX control to work. It seemed choppy compared to the normal Sling Player, but it's nice to have that available -- select a channel from the grid, and then watch that channel on the same page.

Indeed, it does not show OTA channels in the grid, nor does it show OTA recordings (I believe it will also not show up in the timers list, but I didn't look). I first noticed this in the "MY DVR" section, looking at existing recordings, and the count on the left side of the screen was higher than what was shown on the right side of the screen (that shows the recordings). I quickly realized it did not have OTA recordings, since a majority of my recordings on the internal drive are from OTA.

I also have a Slingbox hooked up to my 622, and tried the online player. I couldn't get the Firefox plug-in to work, but was able to get the IE ActiveX control to work. It seemed choppy compared to the normal Sling Player, but it's nice to have that available -- select a channel from the grid, and then watch that channel on the same page.
I did find my OTA Recordings at the top of the list under the Now drop down which seems odd. Let me know if you get the same result.

some screenshots on the IPhone of the guide and remote

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 153
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 131
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 134
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 134
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 157
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 125
Indeed, it does not show OTA channels in the grid, nor does it show OTA recordings (I believe it will also not show up in the timers list, but I didn't look).
My OTA timers are there, but the channel displays as "All Channels" and for one in particular that I have that is set up to only record every Monday, it's Record preference displays as "One time" instead of "Same Day every week".

Your receiver needs to have special beta software on it for SlingGuide to work.

I have a 622 receiver and I signed up for Sling Guide right after CES and I got an invite on Monday and it has worked great. Not sure what other people are having problems with.

Now I have a question about what exactly the Sling Guide is. Is it just to program your DVR or can you watch the stuff on your DVR on a computer? The reason why I ask is when I go and watch a program I recorded it says play on TV. Shouldn't it play on my computer is that not what it's designed for?

is anyone having the same problem as me? i am stuck at the activation screen where it says enter 7 digit activation code, when i check my dvr, in only getting a six digit code instead of a 7 digit.

I just got my girlfriend to help me enable this from home, so now I am using it. Overall, it is fantastic; this is just a superior way to manage recordings, including speed and ease of use to do simple tasks. For example, I just did a little house cleaning on the DVR and it took about five minutes, and in the meantime, my girlfriend at home was uninterrupted (of course, until I started messing with her and changing the channels!).

As previously noted, the iPhone thing is neat, but it is a little sluggish. Also, I made a custom webclip icon for it (just the Dish logo), so that when I save it to my home screen, it isn't just an ugly screenshot. For those interested, browse over to <http://clipalizer.com/?a=o591> using your iPhone. Then follow the instructions to get the icon on your homepage. Or you could make your own!

Anyways, there are a few issues (why is the Superbowl not visible when you click the "HD content only" radio button?), but I have started reporting them via the link at the top of the website.

is anyone having the same problem as me? i am stuck at the activation screen where it says enter 7 digit activation code, when i check my dvr, in only getting a six digit code instead of a 7 digit.

Mine was seven long. I have no clue why it wouldn't be for you... Do you have software version 616?

Mine was seven long. I have no clue why it wouldn't be for you... Do you have software version 616?

sure do, checked my software and it was 616, and when i enter my receiver id number and click next it tells me that it is not online when it clearly is.it so strange, every time i try to get the web activation number it is always six digits

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)