Slingloaded HD DVR922 at CES

Slingcatcher

Does the new 922 also have a slingcatcher built in?.......Will I be able to enter my remote slingboxes and be able to watch my slingbox in phoenix from new york?

I just read on the skyreport that the sling guide features will be added to the 612/622/722/722k receivers as well as in the new 922. I hope so , it would be nice to have this feature .

I was just watching the EndGadget video review of the 922.
DISH Network ViP 922 HD DVR hands-on and video - Engadget HD

It sounds like this is still a work in progress since the video resizing didn't work. Hopefully they will add some polish and get rid of all that screen flickering that I saw as it was building a new screen.

I really hope they redesign that timer creation screen that had all of those tiny buttons. Giving me a touch pad doesn't help much if I have to struggle to point at the correct button. Pressing left and right arrows might just be easier to use if they mess up the design. IMHO a touch pad is far more difficult to use precisely than a mouse. Hopefully the UI designers will take this into account.

I really hope they redesign that timer creation screen that had all of those tiny buttons. Giving me a touch pad doesn't help much if I have to struggle to point at the correct button. Pressing left and right arrows might just be easier to use if they mess up the design. IMHO a touch pad is far more difficult to use precisely than a mouse. Hopefully the UI designers will take this into account.

Agreed. Fortunately Scott has indicated a regular remote (with numbers!) will work as well.

One worry, though, from the video: when showing a channel, need they really show "tiles" for the SD version, HD version and remapped HD version. Seems a waste.

Please tell us it controls the TV2 tuner and not just another output for TV1!

It has access to the satellite inputs, if that's what you mean. TV1 & TV2 are outputs, with TV2 being restricted to SD only. You can use a satellite tuner to feed the sling independent of what you're watching on the TV1 output.

Yes I do I have the Slingbox PRO-HD and it works fine for me. I use it at my house in knoxville,tn and I have my setup in Los Angeles Calif. No issues with it exept sometimes the service goes down in Tenn but I think it is cause the there is a power outage in tenn or in calif I get a 1.5 upload and a 10 download on both ends through Comcasty but when it gets in the evenin in tenn then 3 hrs later in calif the speeds slows down alittle

I checked at work today and I get 15+ download and 4.5mbs upload so I guess my home connection is slowing things down.

I may be completely off base with this, but did I read somewhere that the 922 has 5 tuners (which I'm guessing is different from the 5 digital inputs)? I know U-Verse's box has 4 tuners, and I was really hoping Dish was going to try and top them--especially since I have three programs I'd like to record on Wednesday nights.

It appears there are 2 Sat tuners, 2 OTA tuners (not sure if the OTA module has to be purchased separately) and what is being called an Internet tuner that will allow you to watch content from sling.com

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure why anyone would want to record from sling.com as nothing is live broadcast there, at least at this time. But if it's possible I guess some may want to do so.

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure why anyone would want to record from sling.com as nothing is live broadcast there, at least at this time. But if it's possible I guess some may want to do so.

For those without ultra-fast internet connections, it might be nice to download with top quality and avoid buffering....buffering....

For what its worth - launching in February

I just got off the phone with Dish since I need a solution for 3 HD tvs in my home. I told the CSR that I wanted to run 3 722s and she said it is not possible. I asked if there is a single box that has 2 HD outputs. She said that there is a rumor that there is one coming out in February. I asked if it was the 922 and she said she believes so.

She clearly implied that the 922 is planned to launch in February. I know, I know, that means really it will be out in February '10 but I thought I would share this interesting tidbit.

I just got off the phone with Dish since I need a solution for 3 HD tvs in my home. I told the CSR that I wanted to run 3 722s and she said it is not possible. I asked if there is a single box that has 2 HD outputs. She said that there is a rumor that there is one coming out in February. I asked if it was the 922 and she said she believes so.

She clearly implied that the 922 is planned to launch in February. I know, I know, that means really it will be out in February '10 but I thought I would share this interesting tidbit.

Well first it doesn't really have 2 HD outputs unless you count the little 15 inch screen that they will let you buy. Second, there is zero chance of it coming out in Feb. They haven't even got the 722k ready to go yet, let alone the 922.

The 722k was supposed to be ready last December so I figure it will be ready by March -June time frame. SO if the 922 is due in the spring , look for it by Fall of this year or at worst the winter. That is DISH's way of accounting for a new receiver introduction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)