SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue Is Here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Didn't Logitech discontinue the Revue?

It's not being manufactured anymore, but the hardware is still being warranty supported by Logitech. Now that they have shipped the Honeycomb update however, we don't have to rely on them to keep supporting it. Google is going to take over updates to the Revue's OS. And the Android Market will continue to grow with more applications from outside developers. This is yet another example. Despite the bad press coming from Logitech, GoogleTV as a platform is still alive and come CES will have more manufacturer support... just not from Logitech who bet too much on it early. And frankly... we don't need them.

But will it support the Sling Adapter !??

Sling BOX ... everything there says Sling Box..

While they created it .... and the adapter still bears the name "Sling" .. doesn't mean its going to be supported! Reminder that the Stand Alone free Sling Player Application stopped allowing access to Sling ADAPTERS after the 3.x series of updates.

so... someone with the revue wanna test it ... go for it! Let the rest of us know how it goes!!

TG2 said:
But will it support the Sling Adapter !??

Sling BOX ... everything there says Sling Box..

While they created it .... and the adapter still bears the name "Sling" .. doesn't mean its going to be supported! Reminder that the Stand Alone free Sling Player Application stopped allowing access to Sling ADAPTERS after the 3.x series of updates.

so... someone with the revue wanna test it ... go for it! Let the rest of us know how it goes!!

Just tested it:

It can see my slingbox pro hd but not my sling adapters. It's a web based interface and as I tried to enter into the DVR menu it hung, and then picture froze while audio continued and then chrome gave message saying that a plugin crashed.

Needless to say, not remotely impressive. Although the picture quality was good while it was functional.

It should have been a native app. Better yet, just port the existing Android app. A web app makes it easy to port to multiple platforms (like boxee), but I don't think they tested it enough with the Honeycomb version of the browser. Like some of the other spotlight apps that are out there.

Just tested it:

It can see my slingbox pro hd but not my sling adapters. It's a web based interface and as I tried to enter into the DVR menu it hung, and then picture froze while audio continued and then chrome gave message saying that a plugin crashed.

Needless to say, not remotely impressive. Although the picture quality was good while it was functional.
Thanks.. figured that might happen. :)

though :( sorry its not impressive... they probably took too long to get it out .. and now anything short of spectacular from the get go would be seen as failure.. its why no one wants to be late to the party.. :)

It should have been a native app. Better yet, just port the existing Android app. A web app makes it easy to port to multiple platforms (like boxee), but I don't think they tested it enough with the Honeycomb version of the browser. Like some of the other spotlight apps that are out there.

There already is a Boxee Slingplayer app. :)

I did the math on trying to make this box work and it just doesn't look worth my while. I would need a sling pro hd receiver at $299.99 and then a netgear ethernet splitter for the bedroom. I would have to move my google revue unit to the bedroom and pair it with the 211k in there instead of my 722k. I would also have to replace the old RCA a/v receiver since the digital audio port is not working any more. All so I could see my living room tv in the master bedroom. I think the coax cable in sd looks pretty good to me after all, considering the amount of time I spend in the bedroom watching tv. Would of really loved the sling extender , but that dream is dead now. Oh well another failed idea from DISH.

In addition to not working with Dish Sling Adapters (wouldn't want to lose those add'l receiver fees, eh Dish?), it also doesn't work with Slingbox models other than Solo and Pro-HD.

So, just when we finally might have the opportunity to watch our Slingbox from Japan on a TV instead of a PC, they tell us we're they're not gonna put out for us because our car isn't cool enough. Just like high school all over again.

Suggest you go to the U-Tube interview with the Google TV product manager. Logitech still has a team working with Google and they do intend to support all future upgrades and contribute
to the developement of apps for their Revue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)