Slow Guide on 722K

FWIW I thought "time nazi" was so hyperbolic, I can't imagine anybody taking it seriously, emoticons or not!

I don't think that is what was stated. In fact, the phone rep you dealt with obviously didn't "get the memo" or search on Dish's side well enough. One of the DIRT members here confirmed it is a software bug. Replacing the hardware will not (permanently) solve it. When you get the new receiver, you probably won't see the bug right away. Odds are though, it will come back.

Considering I also had a 722 that didn't have the bug and overall worked much better than my 722k, I am fairly certain that exchanging it for the 722 will solve the problem. Besides, has anyone reported this issue on a plain 722? Seems like all the posts on this thread are related to the 722k.

while waiting for a fix for your slow guide take a few minutes and clean out your timer list and any search history. if this happens to fix your guide ....your welcome

besides anyone who needs the guide isnt watching enough t.v.... time to get dedicated people !

Last edited:
I hardly use the guide anymore...most of my content I want to watch is set up in Dish Pass timers, so my go-to screen in the receiver is the Daily Schedule...resolving conflicts, skipping duplicates, etc. And then it's on to the My Recordings to watch/dub something. I have noticed a lag in command response in my 722 in the recent past, but I've been running rock solid for about the last week or so.

Because I don't use OTA and in my experience the 722 runs better than the 722k.

I don't know about that... Right next to this thread is a thread talking about 722's broadband issues... 722K so far does not have that issue. I'm not starting a pissing match here, but IMO overall both are solid receivers... Both of my 722Ks have no slow guide issues nor broadband issues.

Well, I've had L690 pushed to me, with no change to the guide behavior. A POR makes the guide work again, but by the next day it's back to being slow. One thing I have noticed is that each "skip" up or down seems to take exactly one second when the guide is in this slowpoke mode. Maybe that's a data point.

Oh, and to make matters worse, apparently there's some sort of DST bug, because until this morning, my receiver time and guide time disagreed by one hour. The receiver was an hour early, so each time I tried to use the guide, it would ask if I wanted to record the event. Of course, timers failed for last night as well, because time was discombobulated.

C'mon Dish coders. DST is, well... not hard.

TV 1 response time is painfully slow, especially in the guide. Upstairs on TV 2 it moves like a knife through butter.. So it is not a heat issue. Tried every suggestion I could read in here. My wife is about to kill me over this.

TV 1 response time is painfully slow, especially in the guide. Upstairs on TV 2 it moves like a knife through butter.. So it is not a heat issue. Tried every suggestion I could read in here. My wife is about to kill me over this.
SOL, if you TV2 works great and it is just your TV1, that seems to me to something is interfering with the IR tv1 remote. Have you tried changing addresses on it (or replacing batteries)? Is it slow if you use the front panel buttons?

I've encountered that on my 722. Mrpink's post jibed something in memory. This slow guide problem started whenStandard Time returned. It had worked well up until then. None of the fixes mentioned earlier in this thread work for me, even temporarily. Anyone have an idea when dish might have a fix?

I'm wondering if the slow guide on the 722K is caused by a constant ongoing pull-down of the guide by the receiver (instead of the normal once a day pull)? I've noticed recently (never paid attention to it before) that my 722K seems to update the guide frequently throughout the day. When my 625 updates the guide once daily it goes out 8 days until the next daily update (updated at 4 am this morning and it goes out through 11:30pm on Tuesday 12/13, but whenever I look at the guide on the 722k it seems to go out through the hour of the current time. I just checked and it goes out though 6:30pm (last block showing with data) on Wednesday 12/14. At noon today it went through 12:30pm of Wednesday 12/14. I've noticed that every time I've looked at it over the last several weeks. Seems to me that the receiver is constantly pulling guide updates and eating memory, and maybe THIS is what's causing everything to run so slowly. I've also had a full 8 day as described above at noon, and then later that evening it only goes out about 1 1/2 days (not frequently - maybe once a week for the past few weeks). Maybe it's getting so overloaded that it just kills almost all data?
Anyone have any thoughts?

Well my Mom's brand new 722K with no recordings, and only about 13 timers, most being auto-tune, is already having slow guide issues off and on... Meanwhile both of my filled-to-the-brim 722Ks with 355 recordings internally each and another 1000 on an EHD along with 96 timers are not having this issue since L685... All between L662 and L685 mine (the whole year between June 2010 and May 2011) had this issue off and on... Weird...

Meanwhile both of my filled-to-the-brim 722Ks with 355 recordings internally each and another 1000 on an EHD along with 96 timers are not having this issue since L685... All between L662 and L685 mine (the whole year between June 2010 and May 2011) had this issue off and on... Weird...
you do know *not* to go above 999 recordings on the EHD right?

https://www.dishsupport.com/dish-ne...6-722-reboots-when-trying-view.html#post15253

or at least to be prepared for problems ... and if you start to experience them ... check the EHD first.. just sayin' is all..

you do know *not* to go above 999 recordings on the EHD right?

https://www.dishsupport.com/dish-ne...6-722-reboots-when-trying-view.html#post15253

or at least to be prepared for problems ... and if you start to experience them ... check the EHD first.. just sayin' is all..

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of that issue. Can't believe I missed any discussion on it, seeing as that's from June... I have yet to experience this issue, however now I know that it's pointless to buy 1.5-2TB drives for the DVRs. I have a bunch of 1TB drives currently.

Just goes to show how non-reproducible this issue is. I haven't seen.... Well, never mind, I'm not gonna say it, lest I jinx things !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)