Slow Guide Response

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
My guide is very slow to respond, this just started tonight.

I hit the guide button on the remote & have to wait a while for the guide to come up. And changing from All HD to All Chan to All Sub takes a long time. Also a few times clicking the Skip Forward button changed the guide from All HD to All Chan to All Sub.

I’m using Extended-Partial guide with video.
Software version: L683RMKB-N

All other menu & DVR options appear to still function quickly.

Did Dish just change something with the Guide?

UPDATE - I just unplugged the DVR for 10 seconds & the guide now responds quickly like it used to.

Last edited:
Wow. Matt is very fast.
I was going to post the same link.

Anyway, welcome to the club.
This has been going on a very long time now and you are very lucky to have just noticed it. :)
Like Matt said the new software update looks promising on getting this fixed. It will be version L685.
L683 still has the problem.
Unplugging the unit will work for a day or so but then the problem will just show right back up.
Should not be long until everyone has the new update.

Happens sporadically to us. I unplug wait and plug back in. Solves the problem for a while. More of an issue is at the same time the remote for tv2 also becomes sluggish, after unpluggingt etc it resolves

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Just got the L685 software update this morning.
So far it has fixed this problem. Only time will tell if it is for good. :)
I've had L685 for a few days.. and just started having it happen again.. hit several keys on the remote.. and it sluggishly reacted to them. I can say its not as sluggish as I've had happen before.. but it could just be the beginning ... maybe it will get even more sluggish in a bit.. or in another day... etc..

I've had L685 for a few days.. and just started having it happen again.. hit several keys on the remote.. and it sluggishly reacted to them. I can say its not as sluggish as I've had happen before.. but it could just be the beginning ... maybe it will get even more sluggish in a bit.. or in another day... etc..
Well, that is certainly bad news.
So far I am four days straight with no slow down at all.
Sometimes it still completely misses a button press, like it always has, (I can live with that), but I have had it with the slow menus.
If my box starts that again, I will be one pissed off customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts