Slow HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The HR44 arrived this morning! Waiting to exchange with my slow HR34,wife has to watch her recorded "Stories" first.

Reactions: meStevo
The HR44 arrived this morning! Waiting to exchange with my slow HR34,wife has to watch her recorded "Stories" first.
We're you just talking to front-line tech support every week, or was it protection plan or retention that finally came through?

Our DVR is 98% empty and it was a frustrating mess trying to just use skip backwards on our brand new refurbished hr34. Wife is done.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We're you just talking to front-line tech support every week, or was it protection plan or retention that finally came through?

Our DVR is 98% empty and it was a frustrating mess trying to just use skip backwards on our brand new refurbished hr34. Wife is done.

meStevo: I kept calling tech support every week or so until a friendly tech support lady showed some empathy and filled out a request for a HR44 replacement.I did not threaten to leave dtv. The new HR44 is night and day difference in speed.Waiting for return box to arrive so I can send back the HR34 POS! Like you stated,It was also real slow with recording play even after I deleted everything!

Talked to retention today. Our replacement hr34 frequently takes several seconds to start skipping backwards and is still as unresponsive as the prior one. They're escalating my sob story to the department that handles specific receiver requests and might hear from them within 48 hours.

Wife thought we were having some frame rate issues too but that's being caused by background apps on the Xbox One and easily resolved.

Wife thought we were having some frame rate issues too but that's being caused by background apps on the Xbox One and easily resolved.

for anyone who has similar issues it can also be cause by the high refresh rate of newer TV's. had a neighbor who was having issues with his TV doing weird stuttering with the frame rate and i turned off the 120hz and it solved his issue.

... and now back to our regularly scheduled HR34 bashing :)

Reactions: meStevo
Yeah, we had some TV specific stuff too. I think my daughter somehow increased the audio delay by 60 and wife watched 2 episodes of NCIS blaming the DVR lol.

meStevo: Gaining Ground,if you do not hear back from them within several days,call them again.I was also told they would advance my complaint to a specific department. I did not receive any follow up! I called again mentioning the fact that they failed to inform me of the status of my complaint.That is when I received the HR44 authorization.

This is gonna be fun, sent back my receiver over a week ago, got a box today to return it in. No record of receiving it... 'give it another week or so' they say. Took a picture of the return label when i dropped it off at USPS... naturally there's no tracking on that label.

No word no HR44 order either. Initially told 48 hours, then called back after 4 days and was told it could be 5-7... so calling Wednesday after ~10.

A couple of conversations later, HR44 arrived today. When wife is done catching up today hopefully we can enjoy a less frustrating service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)