Slow response are you having problems or too much advertising?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true, but I find that people who become pub members become more active members in the community, so thats a very good thing. :)

Burstnet does that to many sites their ads are on. But they are one of the biggest ad companies on the web. I have Burstnet block for that same reason... Slow, slow and slow. And unlike here, most sites don't offer a "Pub" membership to nuke the ads.

I use Firefox and AdBlock Plus. I don't know if it's a 2nd add-on or included with AdBlock, but they block *.burstnet.* by default. Explains why I haven't seen any slowdowns.

Unless they have the ads blocked... But someone on another mboard said the ads still pay even if they're blocked since the browser just keeps you from seeing them.

That sure sounds like what he said.... Non-pub members are exposed to more ads, therefore more revenue. And as noted, the $20 someone pays doesn't offset the "lost" ad revenue (?).

Unless they have the ads blocked... But someone on another mboard said the ads still pay even if they're blocked since the browser just keeps you from seeing them.

Adblock doesn't just hide the ads. It prevents them from being downloaded - thus the increased speed that people experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts