GEOSATpro Small issue with satellite lists

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Here's a small issue I noticed since the new firmware update. Many times, the satellite lists toggles randomly between "All Satellites" and the specific satellite you selected.

I notice this in two scenarios. The first one is completely random and involves a blind scan on a single satellite. After the scan is completed, it sometimes gives you the list only for that particular satellite, and sometimes it gives you the All Satellite list and includes every channel you've ever scanned (and haven't deleted) on the STB. In this scenario, it seems to be completely random -- 50/50 chance.

It happens in an other scenario that involves recording. Let me walk you through an example I'm doing in real time right now...

1. I am on JCTV on 97W (I only have the 97W Ku band list selected).
2. With my USB drive connected, I record a few minutes of programming.
3. I press stop and confirm "YES" to end the recording.
4. I hit the List/OK button, and instead of seeing the 97W list, I now have the "All Satellite list." In other words, instead of seeing JCTV as channel 240, it's now channel 1424.

An interesting side note is that if I had viewed, say 3ABN English on channel 1, and then changed to JCTV on channel 240 before recording JCTV, the same scenario plays out -- except if I hit the "previous channel" button, it actually flips back to the 97W list and shows 3ABN as 1. If I hit "previous channel" again, it will display JCTV as channel 1424 in the All Satellite list.

This, along with the occasional video stutter, are the only issues I've seen -- not bad! As I said, these are just minor annoyances that require an extra step to resolve (switching the STB on and off in case of the stutter, and reselecting the satellite in the list for this situation), and not major problems. However, I thought I might pass this along.

I'm still a couple of updates back, and I think mine also does what you are saying about the sat list. I'm not sure, but I remember thinking to myself that I thought the list was supposed to display differently. It seems to be random, whether you get the full list or the individual list. Wish I could be more specific. I'll need to pay more attention next time i use it.

Edit to add... I don't/haven't record anything that's why I haven't upgraded as none of the upgrades were about "ordinary" use.

That'd be great to get someone to duplicate it scientifically :) But like you said, unless I'm recording something, the full vs. individual lists following a blind scan tend to be completely random.

I was just wondering if anyone else might be having this issue, or any headway made into duplicating it? This return to "ALL SATELLITES" list seems to happen all the time when I stop a recording.

I've noticed irregularities like that, but I can attribute a lot of that to poor remote control use. ie not pointed well, holding the button too long. It seems to be very sensitive to the remote control issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)