Smart card mailing schedule

hokie74

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Does anyone know the the schedule for mailing the new smart cards? I have a 722 and a 322 and I have not received mine. Are they in a regular envelope that doesn't look like a mass mailing? My wife tends to filter junk mail. I am thinking about having Dish install the wing dish to receive the Charleston - Huntington HD locals that were just placed on 77W. I think I need the smart cards and a new wing dish on my Dish 1000 to recieve them. Dish said they would waive the $59 installation fee if I extended my contract.

Another question: I think I may have a tree issue on the more easterly direction. Will they move the dish to another location if I cannot receive 77W at the current location. I hate where they original installed it. The installer put it on the hand rail on my deck and I am afraid as the wood warps it will move and need to be re-aimed. I have already had to tweak it once in 9 months when I started to have LOS issues on a few channels. I would prefer that they move it under the eaves on the end of the house out of my wife's view from the kitchen window.

The installer would love it if they could simply swing the dish to point to the 77' location but if that won't work, they just have to do a normal install. I believe they're paid the same, more or less. If they can swing the dish around, that's a *easy* job.

I think it involves more than just re-aiming. Wouldn't I still need 110-119-129 for other channels?

I rec'd a couple of phone calls from Dish on my answering machine around the time they send the cards.

Does anyone know the the schedule for mailing the new smart cards? I have a 722 and a 322 and I have not received mine. Are they in a regular envelope that doesn't look like a mass mailing? My wife tends to filter junk mail. I am thinking about having Dish install the wing dish to receive the Charleston - Huntington HD locals that were just placed on 77W. I think I need the smart cards and a new wing dish on my Dish 1000 to recieve them. Dish said they would waive the $59 installation fee if I extended my contract.
I am also in the Charleston-Huntington DMA. You do not need the smartcards to get the HD locals.

Another question: I think I may have a tree issue on the more easterly direction. Will they move the dish to another location if I cannot receive 77W at the current location. I hate where they original installed it. The installer put it on the hand rail on my deck and I am afraid as the wood warps it will move and need to be re-aimed. I have already had to tweak it once in 9 months when I started to have LOS issues on a few channels. I would prefer that they move it under the eaves on the end of the house out of my wife's view from the kitchen window.
The trees might not even be an issue. At least from my location (Elkview), the elevation of the wing dish is 45 degrees. I thought I'd have tree problems, but haven't yet.

As far as your existing dish, they'll probably just leave it where it is. Assuming it's a 1000.2, they'll install the 77 dish in a good spot for it, then run a wire from it to the 1000.2.

Thanks, I don't think they have mailed mine then.

I saw this thread and decided to ask if mine happen to have been mailed.

I received this in response:

As part of our normal security process, it has become necessary to replace the current Smart Cards in all active customer receivers with a new preauthorized Smart Card. This process goes through an automated setup. At this time I have reviewed your account and do not show that the new smartcards have been sent out.

No new cards here. No phone call. No email. No channel 998. And NO WORRIES either.
I can understand the people who are trying to get Eastern Arc signals, but I don't see what the big concern is. It's not like Dish throws in 3 months of Playboy for the trouble of installing your new cards for them.

As far as I'm concerned, when they get here, they get here.

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts