Smart Card nag screen

tastim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
So... I still haven't received my new smart cards, even though they were supposedly mailed to me on October 1st..... just called and got that taken care of.... I hope..... but I have had the nag screen popping up for about a week now and will continue to have it for a few more days until I receive my new cards....

What I'm wondering is.... how is this nag screen sent to my receiver? Phone line? Cycling from the satellite? Built into a software "update"?

Anyone had a similar issue and found a way to stop the screen from popping up until I receive my cards? It has gotten more frequent and very, very annoying. Wondering if I unplug my receivers from the phone/LAN if it will go away? Its worth $5 to me if it will work....

How many have received the new smart cards ? Whats the criteria for receiving new cards ?

I strongly doubt the nag is generated externally, at some point they probably sent a command to your existing card telling it that it is no longer valid after X date.

Is there a method to the roll out? With updates to the receivers I recall seeing that they spool by the receiver number and you sometimes have an idea when you will get the update. Any such plan with the smart cards?

Also, I just had a VIP722 installed, I looked over the box and did not see an A with a circle on it anywhere. It was installed by a Dish technician not a subcontractor. ANy way to go through the menus to see if the new 722 already has the new smart card built in?

Is there a method to the roll out? With updates to the receivers I recall seeing that they spool by the receiver number and you sometimes have an idea when you will get the update. Any such plan with the smart cards?

Also, I just had a VIP722 installed, I looked over the box and did not see an A with a circle on it anywhere. It was installed by a Dish technician not a subcontractor. ANy way to go through the menus to see if the new 722 already has the new smart card built in?

See the first page in the following post.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/150241-smart-cards.html

I've had my 722 for about 6 or 7 weeks. Mine has it built in.

What I'm wondering is.... how is this nag screen sent to my receiver? Phone line? Cycling from the satellite? Built into a software "update"?

The encryption is sent over the satellite in the stream for the channel. If you do not have the right smart card it can't decode the stream. Therefore it puts up the popup saying you are not authorized.

My 722 is just over a year old - I have not received any new cards, and that I know of, I have not seen any messages on my screen. Is this normal?

My 722 is just over a year old - I have not received any new cards, and that I know of, I have not seen any messages on my screen. Is this normal?

It seems normal to me, I suppose. I'm in NE PA (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton) area and I just received my Smart Cards this week. I never had any on-screen messages either.

Replacement 722 reciever has new card.

I have just received a replacement 722 that came with the new card in the slot. Have not had any messages on screen or otherwise concerning the card change out.

Tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)