Smart card not authorized message in 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashoo

Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
My 811 acts weird every now and then by suddenly showing an error message that says something like, 'Your smart card is not authorized to view this program ...' while watching a channel. The message then goes away and reappears three times. Then the program that I was watching continues ok. This happened to me while watching the Republican National Convention on HD channel 9428 yesterday. Also I get this problem watching the international channel SUNTV (610) that I subscribe to.

I thought the 811 did not have any smart card. Any thoughts?

I have experienced this problem on several occasions. There is some sort of bug in the 811 software. I have called Dish about this issue, and a Dish tech told me to run a check switch when this occurs. Sometimes the problem goes away; Sometimes I have to wait overnight and the issue disappears.

Since the P280 software upgrade, this has not happened to me. I was told that P280 was a "fix" for this problem. Have you updated to P280 yet?

Yes. I have upgraded to 280 and the problem still stays. The problem happens randomly. Sometimes, couple of times a day or sometimes doesn't happen for a few days.

did you do a reboot?

unplug the receiver
take out smart card
plug receiver back in
re-insert smart card

sometimes that does the trick

The only issue with your suggestion is that the 811 does not have a smart card!

I did not have to reboot since the problem corrects itself after showing the error message three times.

whoops

forgot about that :)

the only other way is to hold down the power button for 5 seconds and let it cycle through

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts