Smart card not authorized?

2extreme

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My 811 receiver, with v.284 (still) while watching a program cuts out to this error message 2 to 3 times in a row then goes back to the program that I was watching. And yes, I am subscribed to the channels. :D

"The smart card does not currently have authorization to view or purchase this program"

It may not be worded exactly correct, as it happened, I came on here to post this question while trying to remember, but I hope that you get what I mean.

Why does this happen almost every night? It gets a little annoying when I am trying to watch a program and this happens. :confused:

Is this something to do with the software version? Since I haven't YET received the 287 update.

I hope someone has an answer for me.

If it happens regularly but still allows yout to watch the show at times then it sounds like a software or reciever glitch.

Stargazer said:
If it happens regularly but still allows yout to watch the show at times then it sounds like a software or reciever glitch.

Yes, happens every day (at least seems like that) in the evening. It shows that error, then goes back to program then back to error, for a sequence of 3 times. But only happens once per evening.

If this isn't a common problem with this software version is it as you say a problem with my 811 itself?

Try doing a reboot by pressing in the power button for 5 seconds until the screen flickers then release the power button. See if this helps.

I had the same problem and Dish tech support said it will be fixed when P288 comes out.
Maybe next month or so. I'm still waiting....for 287.