Smart card not authorized?

2extreme

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My 811 receiver, with v.284 (still) while watching a program cuts out to this error message 2 to 3 times in a row then goes back to the program that I was watching. And yes, I am subscribed to the channels. :D

"The smart card does not currently have authorization to view or purchase this program"

It may not be worded exactly correct, as it happened, I came on here to post this question while trying to remember, but I hope that you get what I mean.

Why does this happen almost every night? It gets a little annoying when I am trying to watch a program and this happens. :confused:

Is this something to do with the software version? Since I haven't YET received the 287 update.

I hope someone has an answer for me.

If it happens regularly but still allows yout to watch the show at times then it sounds like a software or reciever glitch.

Stargazer said:
If it happens regularly but still allows yout to watch the show at times then it sounds like a software or reciever glitch.

Yes, happens every day (at least seems like that) in the evening. It shows that error, then goes back to program then back to error, for a sequence of 3 times. But only happens once per evening.

If this isn't a common problem with this software version is it as you say a problem with my 811 itself?

Try doing a reboot by pressing in the power button for 5 seconds until the screen flickers then release the power button. See if this helps.

I had the same problem and Dish tech support said it will be fixed when P288 comes out.
Maybe next month or so. I'm still waiting....for 287.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts