Smart card question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
I had an upgrade and replaced my 322 and 522 . does dish deactivate the card and or the receiver. I was going to sell them on ebay so I need to make sure.

The reason I ask is while I was using my 522 for locating a sat and I saw that it was still activated and getting all channels, my install was a couple days ago and I already sold and shipped the 322. I just don't want any surprises if that 322 is still connected to my account.

You need to do that anyway, otherwise you will get charged the additional receiver fees on equipment you're not using.

I hope you owned the equipment if you're selling it. If it's leased they will hit you for much more than you can get for it on ebay.

I just called dish and confirmed they are deactivated and they are mine to sell. the funny thing is that I unplugged them before I had the upgrade and the 522 will still work and still get the channels on 110 , I found this out when I used it to find 110 to add to my EA. when and how will it get deactivated if I don't use it for any reception but just for the movies that are still on it. I'm mainly concerned about the 322 since it will still most likely work . Do they send a deactivation hit if it's connected back up to a dish or phone line?

For a while the receiver will still show channels.. This happens when you disconnect the receiver from the stream BEFORE the deactivation was received on the box. Rest assured that this is temporary. Either it will deactivate when it is left in the stream long enough or enough time passes and the authorization expires in the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)