smart card ???

bobtet

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 24, 2015
va
I HAVE A VIP211z with no smart card, and dish says they don't have them!

Where can i get one?
receiver came with a tailgater but no card. got it on Ebay!

do i just recycle it or is there someway to get a card.

Thanks

The card is built into the 211Z. It doesn't require another one. You should be able to set up just fine after activating the 211.
There is *NO* card in thee receiver!!! just the empty slot....cant activate without the card.

There is *NO* card in thee receiver!!! just the empty slot....cant activate without the card.
He is saying that it is a chip soldered onto the board of your receiver. My receiver has a card slot, but it is empty (no card). Still, my receiver is working just fine and reports a smart card number on the info screen. What does yours say on the info screen?

Reactions: Jimbo and TheKrell
He is saying that it is a chip soldered onto the board of your receiver. My receiver has a card slot, but it is empty (no card). Still, my receiver is working just fine and reports a smart card number on the info screen. What does yours say on the info screen?
i will have to hook it up to find out,. be back later, tks

it says ERROR 021...............insert smart card! s000-000-000

Last edited:
this what i have.................................................contacted seller, he will let me know if he still has the card.
fingers crossed!

You could get a new receiver from Solid Signal They do have limited supply on non-hopper receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts