smart card ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bobtet

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 24, 2015
va
I HAVE A VIP211z with no smart card, and dish says they don't have them!

Where can i get one?
receiver came with a tailgater but no card. got it on Ebay!

do i just recycle it or is there someway to get a card.

Thanks

The card is built into the 211Z. It doesn't require another one. You should be able to set up just fine after activating the 211.
There is *NO* card in thee receiver!!! just the empty slot....cant activate without the card.

There is *NO* card in thee receiver!!! just the empty slot....cant activate without the card.
He is saying that it is a chip soldered onto the board of your receiver. My receiver has a card slot, but it is empty (no card). Still, my receiver is working just fine and reports a smart card number on the info screen. What does yours say on the info screen?

Reactions: Jimbo and TheKrell
He is saying that it is a chip soldered onto the board of your receiver. My receiver has a card slot, but it is empty (no card). Still, my receiver is working just fine and reports a smart card number on the info screen. What does yours say on the info screen?
i will have to hook it up to find out,. be back later, tks

it says ERROR 021...............insert smart card! s000-000-000

Last edited:
this what i have.................................................contacted seller, he will let me know if he still has the card.
fingers crossed!

You could get a new receiver from Solid Signal They do have limited supply on non-hopper receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)