"Smart Dvr"???????

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
So as a former Dish customer and current cord cutter, I receive the typical "please come back" mailings once or twice a month. It's been over a year, we are reasonably happy with OTA and streaming, and it is certainly a big cost savings. I usually take a quick look at the mailings on the off chance Dish is going to offer me a good reason to come back, so far it hasn't happened. Anyway in the mailing I received today one of the "enticements" is a "Free Smart Dvr" upgrade. I took a quick look at the dish web site and don't find any mention of a "Smart Dvr". I assume it is the latest model of the Hopper?

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

So as a former Dish customer and current cord cutter, I receive the typical "please come back" mailings once or twice a month. It's been over a year, we are reasonably happy with OTA and streaming, and it is certainly a big cost savings. I usually take a quick look at the mailings on the off chance Dish is going to offer me a good reason to come back, so far it hasn't happened. Anyway in the mailing I received today one of the "enticements" is a "Free Smart Dvr" upgrade. I took a quick look at the dish web site and don't find any mention of a "Smart Dvr". I assume it is the latest model of the Hopper?

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

I'm assuming it's some kind of marketing for the Hopper. I suppose you could call it a Smart DVR but it's not quite like a Smart TV.

TiVo uses the "Smart DVR" marketing term. I haven't come across that term for Dish. Now, "The King of DVR's" is what Dish is now using, citing a review that contained the statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)