Smart Pack and Local HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

juanabove

Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Irvine, CA
Hey guys,

Because of economic reasons (blah), I need to temporarily downgrade my services from AT200 to Smart Pack or Dish America. I think I can survive on the Smart Pack but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that the local channels are still in HD if I downgrade to the Smart Pack. The Dish website is very vague.

JA

Locals should be in HD if you have the HD equipment and if locals are provided in HD by Dish since they are in the Welcome Pack.

How do I know if it is available? I current have them in my current package, my zip code is 92602

He means you will have them if they are available on Dish. Some areas still don't have HD locals on Dish so they can't release a blanket statement saying that the smart pack comes with HD locals. If you have them in your current package that means they are available.

He means you will have them if they are available on Dish. Some areas still don't have HD locals on Dish so they can't release a blanket statement saying that the smart pack comes with HD locals. If you have them in your current package that means they are available.

Thank you king!!!!!

Hey Fellas,

Just to give you all an update. I went ahead and downgraded to the smart package and since HD is available in my area, I was able to still view my HD locals. Hooray! However, the strangest thing happened. All the shows on my DVR that were recorded on a station that I no longer subscribe to (ie. nick jr, E!, MTV etc.) are no longer accessible on my Joey, but the are still accessible on the hopper, but movies recorded during the free preview of Epix, Cinemax, HBO, etc. are still available on both Hopper and Joey. Of course, now my kids aren't too happy and everything I pray that those shows will always be accessible at the very least through the hopper. Anybody else experience this or know of a work-around? Thanks guys!!!

JA

That's a bug that's been plaguing Hopper/Joey for quite some time now. Dish fixed most of it but there are still a few recordings that won't work for some people. I would tell DIRT about your issue and they can pass it on to the software engineers.

Also, if you haven't already, try rebooting your Hopper/Joey

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

That's a bug that's been plaguing Hopper/Joey for quite some time now. Dish fixed most of it but there are still a few recordings that won't work for some people. I would tell DIRT about your issue and they can pass it on to the software engineers.

Also, if you haven't already, try rebooting your Hopper/Joey

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Thanks 3HaloODST!!! I was afraid to reboot thinking I might lose the ability to watch the shows on the hopper as well. I'll try the reboot.

JA

Thanks 3HaloODST!!! I was afraid to reboot thinking I might lose the ability to watch the shows on the hopper as well. I'll try the reboot.

JA

Just a quick update...I went ahead and rebooted all my Joeys/Hoppers and the problem still remains. If it is a bug, hopefully Dish fixes it soon. Thanks everybody!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts