Smart Scan - Channels come & go?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
I started with T6, my due S Sat.

Yesterday when I scanned it, there were no radio channels. Today after repositioning my LNB and setting my dish so that USALS would be almost spot on, (less than 1 click out) I noticed several more video channels that I didn't see before and one radio channel. Besides Bloomburg & CBS-feeds.

Do these FTA channels come and go 'IN USE' then 'NOT ACTIVE' when the ground station isn't transmitting? (not just blank screen)

It's almost like treasure hunting. Very addictive. :D

YEP
alot of those are on location...they do their gig, and then the picture starts getting fuzzy (as the lower their satellite) and then....gone!

Yes they come and go, they turn them on and off like a light switch, its worth scanning OFTEN : )

Mark
Stuff on SBS6 & AMC9 does too (especially for sporting events)

Sometimes AMC9 will have one item (the NBC test card) and sometimes it will have 15 things on it :)

Iceberg said:
Mark
Stuff on SBS6 & AMC9 does too (especially for sporting events)

Sometimes AMC9 will have one item (the NBC test card) and sometimes it will have 15 things on it :)

I tried to add SBS-6 tonight. I couldn't figure it out. It isn't in my list. Unless it is under another name. Same with G4R.

I go to 'NEW' and put in SBS-6. Then from there I get stuck. No matter what down freq. or Symbol rate I put in, It just goes back to the SAT list. SBS-6 never shows up in the list so I can even get to point it at 74.0'.

Any ideas at what I am doing wrong?

I've read the manual and still no clue.

SBS6 has to be manually added

If I can recall, You say "add" and name it..then it will ask for the frequency, polarity, etc. Use either 11708 H 4000 (KPLC NBC) or 11741 H 6616 (Ohio News).
Then go down to where your motor options are (off, 1.2, usals), arrow to USALS and then hit "ok" to kick you in the second screen. Change the satellite loc to 74.0 W and save.
Should work then

I had to add SBS6, AMC2 (105) and G13 (127) and they all work now :)

Iceberg said:
g4 doesnt have any DVB items on it (not that I know of)

Lyngsat says there are Free DMX music channels. Maybe I read it wrong. I'm still learning.

I just got SBS-6 in. On the 2500, I renamed one of the unused C-Band sats and put in the Freq and SR info, put it to USALS and 74.0', it went right to it. :D

I musta had brain damage last night. Thanks.

Mark_AR said:
Lyngsat says there are Free DMX music channels. Maybe I read it wrong. I'm still learning.

It has to say "DVB" in the encryption column. These are all Digicipher II which is like the old C-Band
I just got SBS-6 in. On the 2500, I renamed one of the unused C-Band sats and put in the Freq and SR info, put it to USALS and 74.0', it went right to it. :D

I musta had brain damage last night. Thanks.

make sure you change the LO frequency (the top number) to 10750 :D
C-Band is 5150

Iceberg said:
It has to say "DVB" in the encryption column. These are all Digicipher II which is like the old C-Band

Make sure you change the LO frequency (the top number) to 10750 :D
C-Band is 5150

I didn't know that about DVB. I was just looking at the [F]ree column. I was getting all excited. Oh well.

I saw the LO freq. Got it. ;) Thx again.

yep..some is in Digicipher, some is DVB

DVB we can get...Digicipher you need a 4DTV receiver (the digital verison of C-Band)

Next Q: On the PANSAT

Is it best to scan FTA Only or FTA & Scrambled and then delete the ones you can't get?

I've been scanning just FTA. Seems like it doesn't catch all of them that you can view/hear though.

Mark_AR said:
Next Q: On the PANSAT

Is it best to scan FTA Only or FTA & Scrambled and then delete the ones you can't get?

I've been scanning just FTA. Seems like it doesn't catch all of them that you can view/hear though.

I use to do that (scan FTA only) but some stuff says its encrypted but not, so I say "FTA & Scrambled"

The only ones I dont are the Dish Network ones.....dont want 600 channels that have to be deleted :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)